Not a fan of the "do you want to leave this page?"

Posted:
in Feedback
It seems that a recent update to AI has a javascript dialog that frequently requires a confirmation to leave most pages. I cannot stand this! I'd disable javascript entirely but it tends to cripple most web sites.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    It's an ad :frowning: 

We've already banned a couple ads, but it's still happening for a subset of users.

If you could leave some more information that would be super helpful. Reply to this thread with the information or send an email to [email protected]

1) A screenshot of the page as you see it, or a list of ads currently on the page.
    2) The URL of the page you're currently on
    3) A rough estimate of where you are geographically located (we're finding most people getting affected are on the east coast of NA).
    4) What browser you're using and version if possible (It seems to be hitting safari users).
    5) How frequently you are experiencing the issue.

All that information will help us to nail this down. We have been fighting with our providers for almost a week already.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Seems like it happens to me all the time.  Even clicking on links to AI stories from the home page.  I am using Safari and I am in Michigan.  I think it may be this ad: 

I will start looking for suspects ads...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Ad Blocker ... fixed.

• Reply 4 of 6
    Don't know if these help or not, but after refreshing the home page a bazillion times, these are the ads that seemed unique when I had the prompt.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    Email sent. For the forum members, here's my info:
    URL: appleinsider.com
    Safari 9.1.2
    Experiencing this issue roughly every 8 page loads.
    I'd include the ads but the screen captures totaled six documents and that didn't even include the page content that looked like it had no ads.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    Thanks for the info guys, it's helpful. Keep 'em coming.