Sept. 7 Apple event to be live streamed, Siri updated with relevant jokes

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2016
As expected, Apple will be video streaming the Sept. 7 release event through its regular channels, and Siri's responses have been updated with humorous quips to "see you on the 7th."




Shortly after Apple's reveal of the Sept. 7 event, a page for the gathering appeared on Apple's website. Users can click on the link provided on the page to add the event to the user calendar.

Live streaming the event requires an iOS device with Safari on iOS 7.0 or later, a Mac with Safari 6.0.5 or later on OS X 10.8.5 or newer, or a PC running Windows 10 through the Microsoft Edge browser.

Streaming with an Apple TV requires a second generation Apple TV or newer with up to date software, or an fourth generation Apple TV.

Siri's response database has been updated to reflect the upcoming event as well. Users telling Siri to "see you on Sept. 7" are greeted with a series of new responses, including:

  • "An auspicious day!"
  • "And the 8th, and the 9th, and the 10th... in fact, I'll be here all year."
  • "Be there or be heptagonal"
  • "Do you remember, the 7th day of September... ba da ya, dancing in September!"
  • "I can't wait for National Acorn Squash Day either. Mmmm."

Apple updated Siri with similar responses for a catchphrase from last year's event, held on Sept. 9. Asking Siri to "give us a hint" about the event, Siri spat out one of several responses, similar to Monday's update.

The "iPhone 7" is expected to be revealed at the event, and is said to be nearly identical to the iPhone 6 design language. Leaks and rumors suggest that the new device is lacking an analog headphone jack, has a haptic feedback home button, an "A10" processor with "M10" motion co-processor, and features a new dual-lens camera on the "iPhone 7 Plus."

Alongside the "iPhone 7" reveal, a second-generation Apple Watch with integrated GPS and higher capacity battery than the first generation is rumored to be on tap.

Despite early reports to the contrary, new Mac hardware is not expected to debut in the early September event, and is rumored to be seen later in the fall.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 8
    Everyone probably missed this, including Siri itself: September is the 7th month of the old Roman calendar. Its name derives from "septem" which is Latin for seven. The Roman calendar has only 10 months, the first of which is called Martius. (The Romans used many different calendar system until Julius Caesar created his Julian calendar)
    jony0h2p
  • Reply 2 of 8
    danuffdanuff Posts: 29member
    scottw2 said:
    Everyone probably missed this, including Siri itself: September is the 7th month of the old Roman calendar. Its name derives from "septem" which is Latin for seven. The Roman calendar has only 10 months, the first of which is called Martius. (The Romans used many different calendar system until Julius Caesar created his Julian calendar)
    Good observations. But I don't think Apple would even be THAT smart to come up with that. I think they picked the 7th so we would have to wait a month or so for any announced products to be available.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    SoliSoli Posts: 9,270member
    danuff said:
    scottw2 said:
    Everyone probably missed this, including Siri itself: September is the 7th month of the old Roman calendar. Its name derives from "septem" which is Latin for seven. The Roman calendar has only 10 months, the first of which is called Martius. (The Romans used many different calendar system until Julius Caesar created his Julian calendar)
    Good observations. But I don't think Apple would even be THAT smart to come up with that. I think they picked the 7th so we would have to wait a month or so for any announced products to be available.
    I think it's more simple than that. I think it's iPhone 7 being announced on the 7th.
    calinetmageh2p
  • Reply 4 of 8
    calicali Posts: 3,495member
    Soli said:
    danuff said:
    scottw2 said:
    Everyone probably missed this, including Siri itself: September is the 7th month of the old Roman calendar. Its name derives from "septem" which is Latin for seven. The Roman calendar has only 10 months, the first of which is called Martius. (The Romans used many different calendar system until Julius Caesar created his Julian calendar)
    Good observations. But I don't think Apple would even be THAT smart to come up with that. I think they picked the 7th so we would have to wait a month or so for any announced products to be available.
    I think it's more simple than that. I think it's iPhone 7 being announced on the 7th.
    Yup. And Apples keynotes are typically held on Tuesdays. Tuesday will be the 6th, makes sense that they delay it one day to sync numbers.
    netmage
  • Reply 5 of 8

    See you next Wednesday!!

    JanNL
  • Reply 6 of 8
    SoliSoli Posts: 9,270member

    <image>

    See you next Wednesday!!

    Neat! I wasn't aware of this until you made note.

  • Reply 7 of 8
    Waiting to get an email from Gazelle offering to buy my current model.

  • Reply 8 of 8
    SoliSoli Posts: 9,270member
    bluefire1 said:
    Waiting to get an email from Gazelle offering to buy my current model.

    I first saw "Waiting to get ... Gisele ... model." Way to go bluefire1¡
Sign In or Register to comment.