Big Event Friday Night at Apple Stores

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    [quote]Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself:

<strong>What are they giving away? What do the shirts look like? Details!!! Gimmie! Gimmie!</strong><hr></blockquote>

My guess is the X logo in the Jaguar skin...
  • Reply 22 of 34
    [quote]Originally posted by iMud:

<strong>

_ alliance _ are they really giving away an iMac?

I hear ya about the 4 hour drive but man it might be worth it...</strong><hr></blockquote>

yeah, thats the word among the giveaways (which they are touting quite heavily while i was in the store on wednesday). btw, yer in CS? u go to a&m? i havent seen u post here before...
  • Reply 23 of 34
    oh, and it says so on the main site too apparently. just checked <a href="http://www.apple.com"; target="_blank">www.apple.com</a>

"chance to win a new mac" which is gonna be an imac, so ive been told...
  • Reply 24 of 34
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by CubeDude:

<strong>

I live 30 minutes away from San Francisco and I haven't been to that Macworld. I live an hour from Palo Alto and I won't be there tonight.</strong><hr></blockquote>

do you have 6000+ posts at an internet message board named AppleInsider as well?
  • Reply 25 of 34
    I've been planning this for about a week now... I am even dressed for it as we speak! I am wearing a black shirt and jeans...hmm, where did that come from? Come on iMac....daddy needs a new computer...we can hope can't we?
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Do you know how jealous I am? If they get free tee-shirts I am gonna be hella pissed.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    Crap I just called and they ARE getting free shirts. DANG THEM TO HECK!
  • Reply 28 of 34
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    We'll be able to buy them on eBay tomorrow.

[ 08-23-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 29 of 34
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong>THANK ALOT APPLE. THERE IS NO APPLE STORE IN SEATTLE. YOU BUMS </strong><hr></blockquote>

You can just visit "TheComputerStore" instead, they have something going on too.

Kenneth
  • Reply 30 of 34
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    [quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:

<strong>

well damn. my university isnt even selling it at education discount. pretty shitty deal...</strong><hr></blockquote>

My college bookstore has the Apple booth, I saw an Apple sales rep there today. He was wearing that Jaguar X-logo T-shirt and showing the eMac, 17" iMac, 12" iBook, and the TiBook/400 to the parents and students. He wasn't sure will the 10.2 shipment be here tomorrow, but he said $69 for the price. Anyway, I'm going to buy it tomorrow IF they have it or I have to wait my ADC mailing.

Kenneth
  • Reply 31 of 34
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    applenut, I did end up going

I almost didn't though because I didn't get out of the movies until around 10 but I did leave my friends and went downstairs to the Apple Store.

• Reply 32 of 34
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>applenut, I did end up going

I almost didn't though because I didn't get out of the movies until around 10 but I did leave my friends and went downstairs to the Apple Store.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

YES!!! See a little motivation never hurt. Hope you had a great time. Did you get Jaguar?

[ 08-25-2002: Message edited by: applenut ]</p>
  • Reply 33 of 34
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

YES!!! See a little lotivation never hurt. Hope you had a great time. Did you get Jaguar?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well I had ordered Jaguar online because of the education discount so no I didn't get it Friday night.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>We'll be able to buy them on eBay tomorrow.

[ 08-23-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yup. For 30 bucks. (with a mouse pad). ::Sigh:: dang I hate them for cheating me. If ONLY they had one in my state that was open. The ONLY one near me was in a mall that closes at 10. And even that would have been a 3 hour drive. Rats Rats Rats Rats Rats.

Man... I'm gonna go stew a while....