Audio Keeps stopping with new lightning headphones WTF

Posted:
in iPhone
Oh maaaaann I hope this isn't a new GATE controversy. bummed as an iPhone owner, but scared as a shareholder haha -

this has happened several times now - thankfully I'm a bluetooth man, but this isn't good - 

Ok, phone is in my pocket while Im walking and headphones are in the lightning port: as soon as the phone moves too much or jiggles and the cable wiggles in the port, even the slightest bit, NOT COMING OUT EVEN, the audio stops. the podcast or whatever will keep playing on the phone, but no audio once the wiggle happens strong enough. (light though, nothing crazy, I'm just walking) - so i literally have to UNPLUG the lightning cable headphones and replug them in and restart. 

Happened at least ... 4 times on a 2 mile walk i took. Came home, and put a DIFFERENT brand new pair in - same problem. Hope its just my 7+ and not a big issue. anyone noticing this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    arrrrr said:
    Oh maaaaann I hope this isn't a new GATE controversy. bummed as an iPhone owner, but scared as a shareholder haha -

this has happened several times now - thankfully I'm a bluetooth man, but this isn't good - 

Ok, phone is in my pocket while Im walking and headphones are in the lightning port: as soon as the phone moves too much or jiggles and the cable wiggles in the port, even the slightest bit, NOT COMING OUT EVEN, the audio stops. the podcast or whatever will keep playing on the phone, but no audio once the wiggle happens strong enough. (light though, nothing crazy, I'm just walking) - so i literally have to UNPLUG the lightning cable headphones and replug them in and restart. 

Happened at least ... 4 times on a 2 mile walk i took. Came home, and put a DIFFERENT brand new pair in - same problem. Hope its just my 7+ and not a big issue. anyone noticing this?
    Why aren't you using Bluetooth headphones? Apple doesn't advertise using the phone with a line coming out of it while it's in your pocket... and which pocket, by the way? Front jeans pocket? If it's being jostled around, that's a good reason it would be coming out of the plug. A 1/4" jack would end up getting bent and damaging the headphone connection or the phone.
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 2 of 2
    smells like teen spirit troll.