Photos show Apple's newly relocated & revamped Brea Mall store [u]

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2016
As planned, Apple reopened its Brea Mall outlet in California on Saturday, and photos shared with AppleInsider show that the location is steeped in Apple's latest fashion-oriented design aesthetic. [Updated with more info about weekend store openings]

Image Credit: Michal Pfeil

A large crowd was there to browse and shop, as seen in images by local photographer and AppleInsider reader Michal Pfeil. Many people were gathered around the store's product display tables, which feature devices like the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, launched just Sept. 16. The relaunched outlet's glass facade makes all of this visible from the outside.

With some exceptions, the sides of the shop are lined mainly with wooden shelves stocking first- and third-party accessories, such as cases, Watch bands, Beats headphones, and even drones. Some of these are arranged in quasi-artistic patterns to draw a customer's eye.

At the rear of the store is a seating area with stools, but most notably an oversized video display, cycling through video of things like the iPhone 7 and the Apple Watch Series 2.

Apple reopened four U.S. stores over the weekend, spread across Arizona, California, and Virginia. Three of these were relocations, taking advantage of better real estate within malls.

Update: The company actually reopened a fifth outlet on Saturday, namely Chandler Fashion Center in Chandler, Ariz.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    Is there a Tesla opposite this store ? I see a reflection of the logo on the glass
    mike1melodyof1974
  • Reply 2 of 17
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    holyone said:
    Is there a Tesla opposite this store ? I see a reflection of the logo on the glass
    I was going to ask the same thing.
    melodyof1974SpamSandwich
  • Reply 3 of 17
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Tesla and Apple on the same street: nice!
    edited September 2016
  • Reply 4 of 17
    So basically stores inside malls still look like stores inside malls.
  • Reply 5 of 17
    So basically stores inside malls still look like stores inside malls.
    The lack of Apple logo on the facade is pretty wild, imo...
  • Reply 6 of 17
    holyone said:
    Yes: 
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 7 of 17
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Why is there no Apple logo?
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Go Brea!
  • Reply 9 of 17
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member
    cali said:
    I wondered the same thing - the Apple logo is what I always look for while shopping around.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Is the logo just cut off in the photograph?
  • Reply 11 of 17
    holyone said:

good catch, the Apple Store in our mall was across from the Tesla show room then they moved it at one point and now the Apple store is on the same side but a few stores down. It seams like people go in and out of both the Apple and Tesla show rooms. they are always packed even though most people are not buying Tesla's
  • Reply 12 of 17
    cali said:
    "Where we're going, we don't need logos."
    realjustinlongidrey
  • Reply 13 of 17
    There is an apple log to the left of the glass not shown in the images AppleInsider chose to publish.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 14 of 17
    And the Lone Tree, CO store reopened on Sep 16.
    As Tesla is part of the discussion, before it was across the the mall and one store down.  Now it is across the mall and one store down.
    No overhead Apple logo.

• Reply 15 of 17
    It needs to be bigger to handle all the fat people! :)

• Reply 16 of 17
    Michal said:
    There is an apple log to the left of the glass not shown in the images AppleInsider chose to publish.
    Ah. So, the logo on the 12" MacBooks no longer glows, and we can speculate the new thinner Pros will be the same. So Apple is being "consistent" in their "design language."

This is disappointing, as some folks originally noted in regards to the MacBook. The bright Apple logo was a great visual attraction, and an aid in spotting the stores in crowded malls. That said, I suppose it was decided that the consistently large crowds meant shoppers had no problem locating the stores, and I'll continue to give Apple management benefit of doubt on these decisions....

edit: wonder how the mostly-vacant Microsoft store around the corner from the crowded downtown Apple store in my city will "update" their design? 
  • Reply 17 of 17
    clarification: "Ah. So, the logo on the 12" MacBooks no longer glows does not glow,...  as in previous models.