Regent Street Apple store in London to make long-awaited reopening on Oct. 15

Posted:
in General Discussion
Having been under renovations for over a year, Apple's flagship U.K. store in London will finally reopen on Oct. 15 at 10 a.m., the company has announced.

Image Credit: Sebastian Anthony via Twitter

Image Credit: Sebastian Anthony via Twitter

Although Apple was operating sales out the basement for some time, the shop has been completely shut down since June 13. Apple is engaged in much more extensive renovations than usual for its retail chain, such as altering the facade, moving three inside columns, and replacing its old central staircase with two on either side. Construction has been complicated by the need to preserve some of the building's historic architecture.

Ironically, the square footage of the store should shrink by 4,400 square feet. Typical Apple renovations result in more square footage as the company tries to keep up with foot traffic and show off an ever-growing product line.

Work on the outlet meant that Londoners weren't able to line up there for the iPhone 7 launch on Sept. 16. Instead Apple used the construction barrier as a billboard, specifically plastering an image of the iPhone 7 Plus.

In other respects Regent Street will presumably follow in the steps of other recent renovations, adopting a fashion-oriented look with touches like wooden shelves and large-scale video displays.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Adherents is doing an amazing job.
    cali
  • Reply 2 of 5
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    ireland said:
    Adherents is doing an amazing job.
    Fire her and Beats!!!!!!!!111123
  • Reply 3 of 5
    That banner would look nicer if the iPhone was glossy like the Jet Black model.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Just got back from London , they really should've got this open in time or , at the very least , parachuted in some extra high stock levels . 7 Plus desert there .

~M~
  • Reply 5 of 5
    One of my favourite visiting spots whenever I'm in London. The store was huge and had benches where you could sit for hours. I'm looking forward to the updated look with the huge screen (which I'm assuming will be there).