IPod Classic 160GB (iTunes 11.4) + iPhone 7 256GB (iTunes 12) + Same Account + Different Library

Posted:
in Genius Bar
Hi,

I am on a Sony Vaio Laptop running 64 bit Windows 7.

BACKGROUND TO QUESTION:

Laptop User Account 1:

I have a 160 GB iPod Classic hooked up through an iTunes 11 library file in iTunes 11.

Laptop User Account 2:

I have a 256 GB iPhone 7 that I want to hook up through an iTunes 12 library file in iTunes 12 (but have not done so yet).

. . (though I have downloaded Apps from the iTunes Store using my Single iTunes Store Login via my 4G Phone Network).

I am dealing with multiple GB Media file sizes by default & I have no interest whatsoever in iCloud or any other Cloud service. 

I am aware that hooking up my iPod 160GB iPod Classic to iTunes 12 will effectively 'Brick' it and render it obsolete.  (I love that iPod and am not prepared to let iTunes 12 anywhere near it) . .

Yet, I have an iPhone 7 (which I expect will want what iTunes 12 has to offer it) and thus, I effectively want to place a 'Firewall' between my iPhone 7 (and my iPod) by creating a separate PC User Account on the same computer.

--------------------------
PC User Account A:

Runs iTunes 11 (my iPod Classic is hooked up via this PC User Account).

[This PC User Account has Admin Privilages].
----------

PC User Account B:

Will run iTunes 12 (my iPhone 7 will be hooked up via this PC User Account).

[This PC User Account has no Admin Privilages].
---------------------------

Both of the above devices are registered to the same iTunes Store Account/ password/ email address/ payment card.
---------------------------

I wish to ensure the iPhone and iPod have totally fire-walled and separate Library's (independent of the other).

I am terrified of accidentally updating my iPod/ iTunes 11 library (.dll file) into an iTunes 12 library (.dll file) as I won't be able to backtrack & make it re-compatible with iTunes 11.  (I have thousands of playlists created over a decade and can't afford to lose them in a digital instant, over something as ephemeral as a compatibility issue).

Does anyone know the definitive answer to the following question (encompassing that question's myriad of - above - points).

I am terrified of downloading iTunes 12 into my second iPhone 7 only, PC User Account, Only to then discover too late that it has replaced iTunes 11 in my first User Account thus bricking my iPod Classic in the process!

I can't afford a second PC.

QUESTION:

How can I clinically ensure, I have two different versions of iTunes (11 & 12), sharing the same iTunes account but with totally separate libraries (and associated .dll files)?