New picture of "Lucida"

nemnem
Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I found a new picture of "lucida", enjoy...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    [quote]Originally posted by NeM:

<strong>I found a new picture of "lucida", enjoy...

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh lord. Here we go again. Can't it DIE already? Round LCD? Practical? OMG, I can't believe I'm trying to address this. I'd best shut up and let you have your post for a minute... oops, I clicked reply.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    nemnem Posts: 45member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan Brisby:

<strong>

Oh lord. Here we go again. Can't it DIE already? Round LCD? Practical? OMG, I can't believe I'm trying to address this. I'd best shut up and let you have your post for a minute... oops, I clicked reply.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sorry to upset you, but this is actually a _real_ product concept. I haven't signed no NDA so I can talk freely...
  • Reply 3 of 17
    pb g3pb g3 Posts: 95member
    That looks damn awful...
  • Reply 4 of 17
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    See here:

<a href="http://www.dp-now.com/news/Oct2001/dpnnews92/dpnnews92.html"; target="_blank">See camera</a>
  • Reply 5 of 17
    ensoniqensoniq Posts: 131member
    [quote]Sorry to upset you, but this is actually a _real_ product concept. I haven't signed no NDA so I can talk freely... <hr></blockquote>

Cool...no NDA to get in the way of details.

So, NeM...what are the details?

1 - Where did you get the photo?

2 - What are the specs of "Lucida"?

3 - Who is working with Apple on the lens?

Etc...etc...

If you have something of value to share, we're all interested. But a photo without an Apple logo doesn't tell us this product has anything to do with Apple at all.

-- Ensoniq

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: Ensoniq ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 17
    murkmurk Posts: 935member
    [quote]Originally posted by Ensoniq:

<strong>

Cool...no NDA to get in the way of details.

So, NeM...what are the details?

1 - Where did you get the photo?

2 - What are the specs of "Lucida"?

3 - Who is working with Apple on the lens?

Etc...etc...

If you have something of value to share, we're all interested. But a photo without an Apple logo doesn't tell us this product has anything to do with Apple at all.

-- Ensoniq

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: Ensoniq ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

See my post above. It will answer most of your questions with the exception of any Apple involvement. He doesn't have an NDA because he read the article, too.

• Reply 7 of 17
    jpfjpf Posts: 167member
    "no NDA" .... actually, he just might. The URL of the image comes from <a href="http://www.cambridgeconsultants.com"; target="_blank">www.cambridgeconsultants.com</a> and not <a href="http://www.dp-now.com"; target="_blank">www.dp-now.com</a>

I went through the Cambridge site and couldn't find the picture. The question.... How can someone point to a image on a website without knowing some info?

hmmmm......
  • Reply 8 of 17
    pathogenpathogen Posts: 36member
    [quote]Originally posted by murk:

<strong>

See my post above. It will answer most of your questions with the exception of any Apple involvement. He doesn't have an NDA because he read the article, too.

Well, Apple could still get involved... remember that the iPod wasn't R&D'd at Apple, they hired outside designers and fabricators to bring them an MP3 player/HD project.

If you read the article, you'll see that this think tank also helped develop inkjet technology. It's not hard to imagine Apple may have come to them after seeing this article and got the ball rolling on feasible production...

But I really dont think we'll see this as Macworld NY if Apple ever really did get involved. The wireless (connecting like a cell phone to web servers) aspect alone is pretty daunting.

Anyhow, a round LCD is interesting because it can rotate to any angle, not just 90 degree increments.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    "wireless" hmmm... didn't AllenMacJones say there was a wireless Lucida? check this link out, wireless camera with a web server built in! <a href="http://www.d-link.com/products/DigitalHome/DigitalVideo/dcs1000w/"; target="_blank">http://www.d-link.com/products/DigitalHome/DigitalVideo/dcs1000w/</a>;

It only $450 bucks too. Why can't Apple make one of these, iChat, bam! You have a full blown wireless, live instant messenger system....
  • Reply 10 of 17
    nitridenitride Posts: 100member
    Real time access of image data via BlueTooth? That must mean a 100:1 lossless compression algorithm for full color high res graphics has been invented as well.

&lt;CableGuy&gt; Whooooo thats gonna be a GOOOD ONE &lt;/CableGuy&gt;
  • Reply 11 of 17
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan Brisby:

<strong>

Oh lord. Here we go again. Can't it DIE already? Round LCD? Practical? OMG, I can't believe I'm trying to address this. I'd best shut up and let you have your post for a minute... oops, I clicked reply.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You have got to be one of the most cynical people I've run across... it would seem you never have anything positive to shed in regards to anything, just complaining. Get off the cross, man...

"A cynic is just a broken hearted idealist"
  • Reply 12 of 17
    hotboxdhotboxd Posts: 125member
    regardless, that's fugly and totally impractical. if apple releases a digicam it won't look like that.

[ 07-08-2002: Message edited by: hotboxd ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 17

<strong>... this is actually a_real_product_concept.</strong><hr></blockquote>

how can it be real product if it's only a concept? then again, it wouldn't be a concept if it were real. it wouldn't be a product if it wasn't "produced".

or something like that
  • Reply 14 of 17
    iq78iq78 Posts: 256member

<strong>I found a new picture of "lucida", enjoy...

The edges are cropped!! No way would Apple allow that. YOu can't see what your filming since the LCD is on the side.... This seems goofy. Is the article a goof? 'widgets'? A thinktank wouldn't produce something like this, would it?
  • Reply 15 of 17
    nemnem Posts: 45member
    Someone else discovered the fun part before I could tell it.

When allenmcjones unleashed the first picture of lucida I knew I recognized the camera but I couldn't really remember where I saw it. But today when I looked through an old magazine I saw this picture I posted earlier in the thread. With it was the webaddress to cambridgeconsultants.com, the company behind "lucida". So I thought I'd share my discovery with you... It is actually a real product concept. It also explains the english model who appeared in the blurry picture with lucida, she is from the same place as the camera.

This also shows that allenmcjones is fake, and so is all of his other "inside information". He had intresting ideas though and I must confess, he confused me I wasn't sure if he was real or not till I stumbled across this picture.

Again I'm sorry if I upset someone with this little joke... but I didn't lie to you, I haven't signed no NDA...

:cool:
  • Reply 16 of 17
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    alright, that's enough of that.

*LOCK*

reasoning: confirmed non-apple product.

plus, it's really fricking ugly!
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Nobody knows for sure if that picture was posted from Mr. Allenmcjones. He did say it was an illustration, right? I don't think its a real photo that he unleashed, like you claim.

I bet noah is sitting on the actually drawing and is not going to share because it looks too damn good to be a fake Noah, email to someone so we can see!!