Where's the Mac?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I bought an education configured G4 867 on the 3rd and it still hasn't shipped yet. I made a few adjustments to save dough, I pulled the modem that I'd never use and half the memory that I'm going to replace anyway. I was wondering, how long did some of you have to wait for the assembly process?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    [quote]Originally posted by Guartho:

<strong>I bought an education configured G4 867 on the 3rd and it still hasn't shipped yet. I made a few adjustments to save dough, I pulled the modem that I'd never use and half the memory that I'm going to replace anyway. I was wondering, how long did some of you have to wait for the assembly process?</strong><hr></blockquote>

If they have to tinker around inside (pull the modem, add ram, hard drive, etc.) then it takes about 10 days for them to prepare it, and then they ship.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Thanks... now I can switch from nervous e-mail and order status checking to mind numbing impatient waiting. Arghhh.... I want my baby!

(That is a sincere thankyou progmac, I'm not shooting the messenger or anything...
  • Reply 3 of 4
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Yup, it takes them too long. Enjoy your mind numbing impatient waiting. It helps if you look out the window every 10 minutes for the fedex guy
  • Reply 4 of 4
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    [quote]Originally posted by progmac:

<strong>Yup, it takes them too long. Enjoy your mind numbing impatient waiting. It helps if you look out the window every 10 minutes for the fedex guy </strong><hr></blockquote>

*Sings* Toooomorrow... tomorrow... Can't wait for, tomorrow.. G4's only a dayyy aaaawwwaaaayyyyy....

(according to fedex tracking #!)