AI Add Ideas

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Not sure why, and i guess there aren't enough people registered (and even less willing) but how cool would it be for all the users to donate money to have an AI sponsored apple commercial. I know there are not enough, but if everyone just put in $5 then it would end up alot (again don't flame, i know how much it is to advertise)

So although its nos possible, what are some idea for commercials people have?

[ 09-15-2002: Message edited by: ast3r3x ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    "there are tons of reasons to get a mac over a PC" *while tons of reasons and news paper reviews in black lettering scroll down pretty fast; white background*

"blue screen of death doesn't exist"

*finder icon fades*

*finder fades out while apple symbol fades in*

how about that? you coudl do this with multiple reasons instead of the blue screen of death
  • Reply 2 of 15
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Do you know how much television advertsing costs?
  • Reply 3 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Spart:

<strong>Do you know how much television advertsing costs?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just asking about any cool ideas for ads, perhaps you got blinded by the thought of possible stupidity and didn't read my entire post... ya know '(again don't flame, i know how much it is to advertise)'
  • Reply 4 of 15
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Yea I think I skipped over the last part in parenthesis...my bad.

• Reply 5 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Spart:

<strong>Yea I think I skipped over the last part in parenthesis...my bad.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Its ok, you start to get used to people saying stupid thigns on here

-but wat ya think of my idea?

[ 09-15-2002: Message edited by: ast3r3x ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 15
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    why dont we make mockup commericals?

and then submit them to apple

[ 09-16-2002: Message edited by: Paul ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Paul:

<strong>why dont we make mockup commericals?

and then submit them to apple

[ 09-16-2002: Message edited by: Paul ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

im pretty sure they don't take unsolicited ideas
  • Reply 8 of 15
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I'll bet you that such an undertaking would result in a horrible cataclysm of sorts. Somebody would post a somewhat politically shady idea, somebody else would jump on him, then there would be some insulting finishing in a white on black screen: this ad was closed by Fran441.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by ast3r3x:

<strong>

im pretty sure they don't take unsolicited ideas</strong><hr></blockquote>

you sure ? :

[quote] Apple's Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy

Apple or any of its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new advertising campaigns, new promotions, new or improved products or technologies,product enhancements, processes, materials, marketing plans or new product names. Please do not send any original creative artwork, suggestions or other works. The sole purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Apple's products or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Apple. So, please do not send your unsolicited ideas to Apple or anyone at Apple. If, despite our request that you not send us your ideas, you still send them, then regardless of what your letter says, the following terms shall apply to your idea submission.

TERMS OF IDEA SUBMISSION

You agree that: (1) your ideas will automatically become the property of Apple, without compensation to you, and (2) Apple can use the ideas for any purpose and in any way, even give them to others.

PRODUCT FEEDBACK

Apple does, however, welcome your feedback regarding many areas of Apple's existing business. If you want to send us your feedback, and we hope you do, we simply request that you send it to us using the form found at <a href="http://www.apple.com/contact,"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/contact,</a>; or you can choose from the many other listed areas for your feedback. Please provide only specific feedback on Apple's existing products or marketing strategies; do not include any ideas that Apple's policy will not permit it to accept or consider. It's just one more way that Apple can learn how to best satisfy your needs.

<hr></blockquote>

<a href="http://www.apple.com/legal/default.html"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/legal/default.html</a>;
  • Reply 10 of 15
    actually defiant i rememebr reading that same thing...

and as for the detioration of the thread... thats half the fun!!!
  • Reply 11 of 15
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    Donate me 8 cents each.

So i'll have *finally* the iPod ...

• Reply 12 of 15
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    You know, I'm totally amazed (in shock, actually) that Apple themselves, considering how they've touted OS X for two years now and consider it to be the end-all/be-all of OS's (and it is, of course) hasn't made a single commercial for it!

I knew they wouldn't a year ago. When 10.1 hit, I thought "okay, now THIS is a pretty usable, full-featured version...surely now?".

Nope.

Then Jaguar comes along. SUPER slick, stable, cool, etc.

No commercial.

I like the Switch campaign, but I think Apple would do well to have another, separate campaign where the hardware and OS is shown doing its thing.

Don't tell me there isn't a cool way to - in 30 seconds - really convey the power, ease, coolness, good design, etc. that's apparent in this stuff.

Amazing. I've said this for over two years now, but the one company with the most amazing products and designs routinely seems to be the absolute worst about touting that very fact.

I wish I was in charge of Apple's marketing for just one year!

• Reply 13 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by pscates:

<strong>I wish I was in charge of Apple's marketing for just one year!</strong><hr></blockquote>

then why dont you make a mock commerical to show us (and apple... yeah right) why it would be so great...

how hard could it be? and i mean you spend enough time here, surely you have an extra 20 min or so to get something like that done...

give it a shot... who knows what will happen...
  • Reply 14 of 15
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by Paul:

<strong>and as for the detioration of the thread... thats half the fun!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

what does that mean ? google doesn't translate very well.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    [quote] Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>

what does that mean ? google doesn't translate very well. </strong><hr></blockquote>

when the thread goes off topic (deterioration), that is where most of the fun is...