Hermes to launch new exclusive Apple Watch band on Nov. 24

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Hermes will be launching a new Apple Watch band on Nov. 24, available only from the fashion brand's boutiques, a report said on Wednesday.

The "Equateur Tatoutage" design, by Robert Dallet, will also be sold in limited numbers, according to Vogue. The band is based on the Simple Tour band already available to Watch buyers, but with imagery including a jungle pattern and a jaguar.

It will cost 419 euros ($442), significantly more than the 349 euros ($368) for a regular Simple Tour -- already one of the more expensive bands Apple offers.

To date, Hermes is the only fashion brand Apple has partnered with on band designs. People can also buy the Apple Watch Hermes, though apart from band choices the only differences from a Series 2 are custom watchfaces.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Butt ugly.

rajeshkhater
  • Reply 2 of 15
    I thought it said Herpes to launch new exclusive Apple Watch band..
  • Reply 3 of 15
    "though apart from band choices the only differences from a Series 2 are custom watchfaces."

how exactly does new watch faces become available when you purchase a Hermes band? Download an accompanying app?
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Have a Hermes band. The quality is not good. The leather starts peeling off after some time. Not worth the money.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    volcanvolcan Posts: 1,799member
    I'll not buy another Apple Watch. I have a 42mm SS with Melanese loop band. Only one year old, cost more than $800 and just out of nowhere the screen just detaches and is dangling by the ribbon cable. No abuse no scratches, nothing except manufacturing defect or bad design could have caused this. I am very gentle on my gadgets. I called Apple Support and I even have Apple Care plus but I am traveling abroad at the moment. They have an Apple Store here but they do not honor the Apple Plus warranty. So I have wait until January when I return to the US to get it resolved. Lots of similar reports online. Apparently they use glue to attach the screen and it can fail.
    doozydozenanantksundarampscooter63
  • Reply 6 of 15
    dougddougd Posts: 292member
    Apple Watch is a joke
    freethinking
  • Reply 7 of 15
    ...and yet we have more evidence of snob appeal from Apple under the influence of Angela Ahrendts.

Memo to Tim: Cut her salary in half, and put her on probation. You have shown the world Apple's gender equality, now replace Angela with a competent person (man or woman) who understands the game.

Memo to Angela: (1) Realize that you are grossly overpaid, then (2) Prepare to learn the computer and even consumer electronics market, and (3) Try to remember that an Apple product is not a Gucci purse.

Like viclauyyc, I also find the design ugly and likely stolen from a color-me-in book somewhere. 
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Yawn. 
  • Reply 9 of 15
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    dougd said:
    Apple Watch is a joke
    Maybe your the joke and their pulling a meta on you...
    watto_cobrajbdragonjahblade
  • Reply 10 of 15
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    MicDorsey said:
    ...and yet we have more evidence of snob appeal from Apple under the influence of Angela Ahrendts.

Memo to Tim: Cut her salary in half, and put her on probation. You have shown the world Apple's gender equality, now replace Angela with a competent person (man or woman) who understands the game.

Memo to Angela: (1) Realize that you are grossly overpaid, then (2) Prepare to learn the computer and even consumer electronics market, and (3) Try to remember that an Apple product is not a Gucci purse.

Like viclauyyc, I also find the design ugly and likely stolen from a color-me-in book somewhere. 
    Please spare me the crap.
    Most of her first year compensation were because she was losing the vesting options.in the first year at Burburry.
    Her annual compensation is much lower than that.

That you think Apple is actually selling "consumer electronics" means you have no clue about anything Apple or Jobs
    Design is an important part of a wearable so again, no clue.

She's in charge of RETAIL, the fashion aspect of the Apple Watch branding had already been decided BEFORE SHE CAME IN.
    She's was likely hired in part to support this strategic decision; and because of her success as a CEO revamping Burbury.
    Most of the co-branding decisions would likely be done by marketing, not her. So, again, so little clue.

edited November 2016 bestkeptsecretmacxpress
  • Reply 11 of 15

I liked the double-loop Hermes band, whatever it is called. It isn't available here, so I bought a knock-off version of that from Amazon.

I'm not fond of this band though. Somehow these printed bands aren't too appealing, like the nylon bands Apple has.

• Reply 12 of 15
    "though apart from band choices the only differences from a Series 2 are custom watchfaces."

how exactly does new watch faces become available when you purchase a Hermes band? Download an accompanying app?
    The Band does not give you the faces. It's exclusive to the Hermes Watch, which has a special serial number set, unlocking the faces.
  • Reply 13 of 15
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Not to my taste, but none of the Hermes cowskin bands have been.  Nike and Milanese for me, wouldn't mind a link bracelet too.
    jahblade
  • Reply 14 of 15
    I'm glad to see that this seems to be a viable venture for third party companies.
    jahblade
  • Reply 15 of 15
    crowley said:
    Not to my taste, but none of the Hermes cowskin bands have been.  Nike and Milanese for me, wouldn't mind a link bracelet too.

Well, what do you know, our tastes are more-or-less similar. My first Apple Watch was the SS one with the Milanese Loop. I bought a black SS one with the link bracelet for my wife (we have since swapped straps since she finds the link bracelet heavy) and I've just gotten a Black and Volt Nike Edition last week!