Moby Sells Out to Intel

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Bastard. He is a Mac user (Seen "Cribs"? Seen the feature on him on Apple's website?) and because his new album sucks he sold the rights to "Everyones a Star" to INTEL for their new lame commercial. Eminem was right...bald headed "faggot"...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 50
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    HA HA HAHAHAHA!!!

The entire purpose of art is to sell out, any artist who pretends otherwise is just lying to you.
  • Reply 2 of 50
    [quote]Originally posted by Matsu:

<strong>

The entire purpose of art is to sell out, any artist who pretends otherwise is just lying to you.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nothing truer has ever been spoken.
  • Reply 3 of 50
    He's still a prick.
  • Reply 4 of 50
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    I wholeheartedly agree that the purpose of art is to sell out. It pains me, however, to hear a Moby tune in an Intel commercial.

Anybody remember Moby's appearance with the Blue Man Group at the VMAs two years ago? I bet that's what led the Intel ad people to Moby.

BTW: I actually like Moby's new album (a little bit better every time I listen to it). Ironically, I often have Eminem's two latest albums in my car's CD changer alongside Moby's latest two albums. I've bought into both of these sellout artists and enjoy their respective compositions and performances.

Escher
  • Reply 5 of 50

<strong>HA HA HAHAHAHA!!!

The entire purpose of art is to sell out, any artist who pretends otherwise is just lying to you.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I find it funny you said this when in your signature you have this <a href="http://www.gateway.com/products/desktops/prf4/sweepstakes/allmedia.shtml"; target="_blank">LINK</a> to that piece of garbage from Gateway...do us a favor and let the cows get their own traffic...
  • Reply 6 of 50
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Maybe I'm a little negative, but hopefully Apple can turn my sig into a parody.

I'll glady change it as soon as they give me a reason to.
  • Reply 7 of 50
    boo-fu*king-hoo...
  • Reply 8 of 50
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member

<strong>

Wait! Artists don't have to sell out. There is the alternative of just not selling anything.
  • Reply 8 of 50
    Only old and out of touch people listen to Moby. He is Kenny G with a synthesizer.
  • Reply 10 of 50
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    And only stupid people listen to Eminem...

Sad... Like the way M$ makes commercials with Macs!
  • Reply 11 of 50
    too...much...stupidity...in...thread...

must...stop...reading...

getting...dumber...by...listening...to...stupidity ...
  • Reply 12 of 50
    [quote]Originally posted by Artman @_@:

<strong>...bald headed "faggot"... </strong><hr></blockquote>

That was unnecessary.

If Moby hadn't "sold out" Play then he never would have gotten teh popularity he has now. Get a clue. Some people don't hate Intel just because they use Macs.
  • Reply 13 of 50
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Moby's gay.
  • Reply 14 of 50
    [quote]Originally posted by Stroszek:

<strong>

That was unnecessary.

If Moby hadn't "sold out" Play then he never would have gotten teh popularity he has now. Get a clue. Some people don't hate Intel just because they use Macs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey, it was in quotes...Eminem's term for him, not mine.

Face it. His last album tanked, he's too old for MTV and he made me upset for going to the dark side. Screw him.

I don't hate Iggy Pop just because he sold "Lust for Life" for use on a cruise line ad. I found it hilariously ludicrous. That's called serious retirement money...
  • Reply 15 of 50
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by Aquatik:

<strong>And only stupid people listen to Eminem...

Sad... Like the way M$ makes commercials with Macs!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey man, watz up, i was just wondering your IQ, and what kind of music you listen to? I know mine is 142 and i listen to eminem. Em is almost as good as biggie, lyricals are clean and fit well....although i will admit i enjoy it more when he is rapping about problems then just spouting off to fill up space
  • Reply 16 of 50

<strong>

Hey, it was in quotes...Eminem's term for him, not mine.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Perhaps, but you still brought it up, even though it was unnecessary in order to make your point. That's what angers me.
  • Reply 17 of 50
    [quote]Originally posted by Stroszek:

<strong>

Perhaps, but you still brought it up, even though it was unnecessary in order to make your point. That's what angers me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

"You got an issue? Get a tissue."

-Lou Reed
  • Reply 18 of 50
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Moby's gay.</strong><hr></blockquote>

and ? you're hetero.
  • Reply 19 of 50

<strong>

"You got an issue? Get a tissue."

-Lou Reed</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'd argue that you are the one with the issue.
  • Reply 20 of 50