Apple airs two more 'Go' mini-ads for Apple Watch Series 2

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple on Thursday released two new ads in its short, first-person "Go" series for the Apple Watch Series 2, continuing a holiday campaign for the wearable.

The first, "Go Ride," shows someone unwrapping a Series 2, receiving a text message, then immediately heading out on a city bike trip. In the second, the protagonist simply goes surfing off an unknown coastline.

The "Go Surf" spot is perhaps the more significant of the two, since unlike others in the campaign it showcases a feature unavailable on other Watch models -- the ability to go swimming, thanks to a fully waterproof design. First-generation Watches were water-resistant in practice, but not certified for swimming or even taking a shower.

Apple has been eager to position the Apple Watch as a holiday gift, both this year and last. It's not clear how well the company's marketing has been working, but CEO Tim Cook recently claimed that this season's sales are off to a strong start.
GeorgeBMac

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Holiday campaign... Ordered mine December the 7th, not shipped yet. With the delivery times it currently has you won't even get it before the holidays. 
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Apllerr said:
    Holiday campaign... Ordered mine December the 7th, not shipped yet. With the delivery times it currently has you won't even get it before the holidays. 
    Ordered mine November 1st and had a delivery date of December 2nd. Ended up getting it on November 14th. Patience. 
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Individually these ads are nonsense - just stupid.   But collectively, taken together, they begin to send a meaningful message:   It's not just a gadget to get text messages with -- it becomes an important part of an active life.

I hope Apple can get this message across.   The Apple Watch has a lot of potential to be a truly great, life altering product -- and Apple is just beginning to tap into that potential...   These ads give a glimpse of that potential.   Good Job Apple!
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Given the apparent size of the watch shown, these must be tiny people.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    If Apple wants to target us middle aged, it better slows down the vid a little, we can't see those flashing images clearly :smile: 
  • Reply 6 of 7
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    getvoxoa said:
    If Apple wants to target us middle aged, it better slows down the vid a little, we can't see those flashing images clearly :smile: 
    They need a really long, step by step ad on how to to use the watch in a medical context, and when the ad ends it needs to run again immediately.  They can run a whole string of ads like this focussing on heart monitoring, walking, jogging, standing up every hour, alarms (meds), etc. 
  • Reply 7 of 7
    The best thing about the Apple Watch is the upgraded water resistance. We middle-aged guys can now drool on it without worrying!