Beware of very customer unfriendly policy for Project Planning Pro

Posted:
in Mac Software
Just a heads up to anyone considering this product from i2e Consulting LLC. This company has one of the most customer unfriendly policies I have encountered and I figure I should alert potential users before they waste their money like I did. I purchased a license to this software in a bundle and installed it on my then production laptop. Over the holidays I purchased a potential replacement laptop. I did a full backup and restore to the potential replacement to check it out. I had to move certain licenses or install a second license of various software. I decided not to keep that unit and got another one. Same thing with moving licenses around. I got a better deal on a third laptop in early January so same thing; full backup, full restore. I do not really use this software but decided to try it out and the license would not activate. I contacted the company and they reset the license. Great I thought. Then later in January I received one of the new 2016 MacBook Pro units and again moved my production backup to it. Same issue with this software. I again contacted them and they informed me that they did me a favor last time to ALLOW me to move the license I paid for from one unit to another. I repeated my request and it was escalated withing the company and the end result was:

Unfortunately, we will not be able to reset the activation. We did it once as an exception but, it cannot be done again as it is against the policy.

Thanks and Regards,

App Support

Needless to say I am quite annoyed at this very customer unfriendly policy so I figured I should let various potential customers know. I have over 150 apps installed on my production machine and none of them are pirated. I pay for the software I use. The vast majority of them allow multiple installs on any units I personally own. If they don't, they provide a way to move a license to another unit by deactivating it first on the old unit and then re-activating it on the new. All great policies and easily accomplished by caring and considerate software companies.
SteveMun80

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    SteveMun80SteveMun80 Posts: 6unconfirmed, member
    thanks for the notice.
    Inflexible coverage policy is a huge turn off for me when it comes to software. As long as it's activated and used on one Mac I don't see a valid reason to refuse a license transfer.