Two new members in the fold.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well, I finally did it. I got my brother and his wife to get macs. And the thing was, I didn't do anything to do it. Well, I sort of did something. He was set to get a Dell and then I had him read the XP license agreement and the thread about how a security patch to win2k also CHANGED the agreement for the software and that the patch was pretty important for security reasons. That rubbed him the wrong way. So he decided to get himself and his wife ibooks. And he got 3 airport cards and a ton of software. When he initially told me he was going to get the Dell, I wasn't happy, but I didn't get too irritated. He just came to the decision on his own after becoming an informed consumer.

When is apple going to start adverstising the MS practice of coercion (changing license agreements for in order to get a security update)? It wouldn't be FUD, it would be fact. I'd love to see a campaign like this. Sure, it'll never happen, but it would be nice.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    stunnedstunned Posts: 1,096member
    [quote]Originally posted by torifile:

<strong>

When is apple going to start adverstising the MS practice of coercion (changing license agreements for in order to get a security update)? It wouldn't be FUD, it would be fact. I'd love to see a campaign like this. Sure, it'll never happen, but it would be nice.</strong><hr></blockquote>

maybe Apple is also thinking about copying Microsoft about this licensing issues...

it did copy Microsodt .net idea remember?