Leaks show off Samsung's Galaxy S8 & S8+ ahead of March 29 reveal

Comments

• Reply 21 of 48
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    peterhart said:
    JinTech said:
    Feels like another product being rushed to market to beat Apple. We'll see how this one pans out for Sammy. 
    I agree. It just seems that's all Samsung does: rush something to market based on Apple rumors - but are the Apple leaks to blame? I admit, I enjoy reading this site to see what may be coming because that's how most of us are, but then I'm not 100% surprised when Apple launches its next product with what we already know. :(

From where did you get the idea that these phones are rushed? Samsung usually releases their flagship phone by late Feb-early Mar timeframe and make them available for purchase in late Mar. This year, they are delayed by a month.

You're new to Samsung
    StrangeDayspscooter63watto_cobraredgeminipa
  • Reply 22 of 48
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    Are they really using "+" in the name? 

Fuq, Sammy, can't you be remotely original?
    watto_cobraredgeminipa
  • Reply 23 of 48
    spice-boyspice-boy Posts: 1,450member
    peterhart said:
    JinTech said:
    Feels like another product being rushed to market to beat Apple. We'll see how this one pans out for Sammy. 
    I agree. It just seems that's all Samsung does: rush something to market based on Apple rumors - but are the Apple leaks to blame? I admit, I enjoy reading this site to see what may be coming because that's how most of us are, but then I'm not 100% surprised when Apple launches its next product with what we already know. :(
    I think it takes lots or R&D to develop each new phone especially new models trying out new forms such as this. A lot of questions come to mind in regards to "buttonless" and wrap-a-round screens. Do you activate a phone by touching anywhere on the screen, then is face recognition necessary to get it functioning? The present home button lets us exit running apps and return to the home screen, in regards to Apple's possible approach will something else replace the home button or will be changes in iOS be coming?
  • Reply 24 of 48
    Nice phone by Samsung. Too bad it's crippled by the spyware, bloatware and contagion magnet of of an OS known as Android. That fact makes it a total non-starter. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 48
    peterhart said:
    JinTech said:

From where did you get the idea that these phones are rushed? Samsung usually releases their flagship phone by late Feb-early Mar timeframe and make them available for purchase in late Mar. This year, they are delayed by a month.
    From the established fact that they skipped proper testing of their designs and wind up exploding. 
    edited February 2017 pscooter63watto_cobraredgeminipa
  • Reply 26 of 48
    From a design perspective the rounded display corners (not curved edge) looks refreshing and helps blend the display into the hardware, whereas in comparison, looking at the squared-off display in an iPhone where the corners meet the chassis, the look is less integrated, like you can visualize the display separating from the chassis. The new LG G6 has the same rounded corners on its display. Issue tho: developers will have to rework their UI a little bit because of the lose of the real estate in the 4 corner . For example: AppleInsider app has the share icon and text size adjustments icons pushed outwards in the bottoms corners. With rounded corners these icons would be cutoff. 
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 27 of 48
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    bdkennedy said:
    "Unbox your phone"  Uh, ok.
    So *that's* what I've been doing wrong.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 48
    JinTech said:
    Doesn't Samsung normally announce their Galaxy phones in the spring?
    gatorguysingularity
  • Reply 29 of 48
    mbsmd said:
    Honestly, this is what the iPhone should look like. The giant bezels on the iPhone (especially the Plus models) is pretty silly these days.
    And Apple does what exactly with the home button and Touch ID? Those are not trivial things.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 30 of 48
    cali said:
    peterhart said:
    JinTech said:

You're new to Samsung
    What Galaxy S phone was rushed to market?
  • Reply 31 of 48
    mbsmd said:
    Honestly, this is what the iPhone should look like. The giant bezels on the iPhone (especially the Plus models) is pretty silly these days.
    I really do not see the issue with iPhone 7plus bezels.  I am ok removing the home button and such to reduce the top and bottom or extend the screen there but I still have yet to hear what advantage not having a bezel (which are already minimal) really brings to my user experience.
    pscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 48
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    These look good. Not mind-blowing good, but still impressive. I especially like the white version w/ white interface. Looking forward to seeing Apple's response.
  • Reply 33 of 48
    levi said:
    Looking forward to seeing Apple's response.
    I think you have it backward, friend.
    watto_cobraredgeminipa
  • Reply 34 of 48
    Apple will not have a screen curved on the edge like that. Why? because it's a design disaster because you will always get an annoying reflection on the sides. Only the gimmicky Samsung could come up with that. It could possible have glass that curved down the sides but there would have to be no display under the curve, but I can't see that either. A nice flat screen surface is really a must.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 48
    mbsmd said:
    And Apple does what exactly with the home button and Touch ID? Those are not trivial things.
    Those will likely disappear under the screen, as has been shown in various patents.
    watto_cobraredgeminipa
  • Reply 36 of 48
    mbsmd said:
    You may get your wish, if the rumors are true. Then again, once the bezels are all gone, where do phones go next year to appear even more "modern"?  Truly terrifying when you reach the end of smartphone design history, isn't it?
    watto_cobraSpamSandwich
  • Reply 37 of 48
    mobiusmobius Posts: 380member
    sog35 said:
    peterhart said:
    JinTech said:

LOL, so sensitive
    Chill, it was just a factual correction. I was going to say the same thing and I hate Samsung.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 38 of 48
    sog35 said:
    peterhart said:
    JinTech said:

LOL, so sensitive

What was wrong with the information that I posted? Do you know the facts or bother to know the facts before posting?
    singularitymobius
  • Reply 39 of 48
    Introducing a new hot product from Samsung it will blow your face off!!!!
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 40 of 48
    saw an advert on TV for samsung last night proclaiming how much they test their phones showing the S7edge being bent, put under water, dropped from height, working in -20 deg C temperatures etc. etc. I almost choked with laughter - I hope the ASA take it down as it's blatant false advertising.