Apple Music ads aired during BRIT Awards shared on YouTube

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple has shared a pair of commercial spots that aired during the United Kingdom's BRIT Awards last month, with the two ads promoting Apple Music to viewers as a venue to listen to the nominated and winning musical acts featured during the show.

The fast-paced 30-second videos, uploaded on Friday to Apple UK's YouTube channel, are titled "Best British Male" and "Best British Female." Both clips highlight various features of Apple Music, including Beats 1, curated playlists, downloadable tracks, videos, with Beats 1 host Julie Adenuga providing the narration.

Apple Music is listed by the British Phonographic Industry as the official music streaming and download partner for this year's awards, sponsoring the Best British Female and Male categories. The streaming service is also hosting exclusive playlists, performances, and other content connected to the awards show, accessible only to Apple Music subscribers.

Emeli Sande won the award for Best British Female Solo Artist, with David Bowie named Best British Male Solo Artist.

The day before the awards, Apple released three new versions of its "Notes" AirPods commercial in the United Kingdom. Music from artists Craig David, The 1975, and Lianne La Havas were featured in the ads, with all three nominated for BRIT awards at this year's ceremony.

The two commercials air shortly after a report surfaced claiming Apple is changing its marketing efforts, refocusing more on digital and regional campaigns, instead of translating a single global campaign for different markets. The iPhone producer is said to have decreased its marketing budget as part of the decision, prompting layoffs at long-time ad partner TBWA/Media Arts Lab.

Early efforts in this change of strategy include the multinational "One Night" campaign, Brazil's Carnival-inspired iPhone 7 Plus camera ad, and new spots showing off the iPhone 7 Plus' Portrait mode.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,230member
    Both ads are representative of our world's increase in hyperactive ADD.

GeorgeBMacjony0
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Coolfactor, First of all, "hyperactive ADD" is ADHD. Secondly, younger minds can digest so much more these days than we could as kids without similar tech. As a psychiatrist who works almost exclusively with kids, I've had the most stunning results, relative to traditional therapies, using computers, etc. STUNNING! As for these ads, the target audience is able to get so much more out of them, because of their rapid pacing, than those of us raised on slower paced or static ads. These challenge their minds!
    lolliver
  • Reply 3 of 3
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member
    The ads at least are accurate:   Apple Music feels to me to be frantic, confused and focused on hyperactive lifestyles...

I use it and don't intend to drop it.   But really, all I want it do is play the music I like with a minimum of fuss and bother....   I don't want to spend 5 minutes every time I get in my car trying to find decent music that I didn't just listen to.  In the old am/fm days you simply pressed a button and you got the music you liked.   Apple music should be the same.
    ...  "Avoid Klingons"