Who's gonna buy an iMac LCD or G5? Show of hands please

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

As a Mac fanatic (I have a powerbook G3, iBook, iMac DV, iMac Bondi, iMac DV SE, Beige desktop, Mac IIvx, Quadra 610, Mac SE, and my favorite - Mac Plus), I want to see whose gonna buy this winter edition of computers. I know that the first day Apple releases the iMac DV SE 2002, I'll be buying it ( I just don't know what retailer yet). List below if you know for sure you will be purchasing one

Comments

• Reply 1 of 70
    erbiumerbium Posts: 354member
    I'm hoping on snagging a new processor upgrade card, should there be one announced for my G4 466Mhz.

Already got an iMac. Excellent computer, but I'm staying with the Pro machines from now on.
  • Reply 1 of 70
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    It's hard to say for me. I have a G4 450 (+iBook2) and my wife an iMac DV. If the G5 comes out then I'm getting one and planned on giving my wife my G4. But, if the new iMac is just too phat and awesome and all the other adjectives, then I might be compelled to sell my old G4 and use the money towards a new iMac.

So it's a maybe for me as I'm more of a power user and my wife isn't so she would be fine with my G4.
  • Reply 3 of 70
    I'm buying whatever the top-end pro machine ends up being.
  • Reply 4 of 70
    PM G5
  • Reply 5 of 70
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    PM G5 !!!!
  • Reply 6 of 70
    robbyrobby Posts: 108member
    imac
  • Reply 7 of 70
    Two powermacs and imac - on the proviso that the powermacs are G5's (or a major update to the G4) and the imac is LCD. Not to much to ask for really.
  • Reply 8 of 70
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    If I can convince my parents to let me sell my iBook (which will be very hard to do) then I'll most likely get a LCD iMac or the low end G4/G5.
  • Reply 9 of 70
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    It all depends on the specs and looks of the new iMac. I'm starting to outgrow my DVSE and the new iMac might fit the bill perfectly as my current one did when I bought it. I've never seriously considered the PM due to the price.

Chris
  • Reply 10 of 70
    jrcjrc Posts: 817member
    I'll buy an iMac LCD unseen.

Especially if it has a small 12" or smaller screen.
  • Reply 11 of 70
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I'll sell my G4 in March to get a G5 if it's out this winter. At my work we'll probably get 2 in.
  • Reply 11 of 70
    I'll buy the iMac, I think.

It all depends on how revolutionary it is. I'm hoping that there's some new gotta-have it attached. I like the removeable iPod rumor myself.
  • Reply 13 of 70
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    I'm gonna buy a G5 for upstairs and an iMac for downstairs. Might sell my iBook and get a TiBook for on the stairs.

J :cool:
  • Reply 14 of 70
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    If the iMac meets my wishlist (and I think it will...), I'll DEFINITELY be getting one:

- 15" LCD @ 1024x768...just like the 15" Studio Display

- 800MHz or above (this will happen)

- Combo drive (at least as an option)

That's it. Really simple requirements that are completely reasonable and within the realm of reality...and a nice, worthy successor to my 400MHz iMac DV.

Notice I'm not being a freak and saying "1GHz G4 with SuperDrive and..."

• Reply 15 of 70
    I'll get a G5 in the summer after the first revision (or next January if the G5 pops up at MWNY instead of MWSF--still a distinct possibility in my mind). I might be able to sell my boss on a flat panel iMac for his home though. He's all Mac at work but has a 5 year old IBM at home he should replace soon.

Apple should pay me commision; I've sold about $200,000 US worth of machines over the last two years.
  • Reply 16 of 70
    [quote]Originally posted by zaustin:

<strong>I'm buying whatever the top-end pro machine ends up being.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ditto.

I may or may not also get another large Apple LCD, depending on how the prices, sizes, and resolutions change, if at all.

Alex
  • Reply 17 of 70
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    if it's a g4, i am there. otherwise, i will save my money for a while and just invest in cool peripherals for a while...
  • Reply 18 of 70
    proxyproxy Posts: 232member
    LCD imac

if...133bus, 15"+,900mhz

Go on Apple, make me spend
  • Reply 19 of 70
    G5 only if its a TRUE G5 and not a G4 with a sticker that says its a G5. heh

I've got a G4 450 right now and I don't think its worth it to upgrade until we're on a new processor class.
  • Reply 20 of 70
    Probably getting an iMac this Winter; a G5 (if real!) in Spring.