Info on scanners/printers?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just beginning to shop around for both a new scanner and printer. I'm wondering if anyone has seen any thorough comparisons of what is currently (and soon to be) out there. Especially interested in reviews.

I've tried poking around on the Macworld and MacAddict sites, and can't seem to get all the info I need.

Basically, looking for midrange scanner. As far as a printer: midrange inkjet, possibly a little higher. I'm not sure if a photo printer is necessary. Mostly use my current Epson 850 for proofing designs/color - lots of type.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Somebody please move this post to GD. (Oops)

Thanks in advance

[ 10-11-2002: Message edited by: hook ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Off to General Discussion with ye'!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Just buy a HP scanjet 5400 : it works fine, but there is not already a OS X driver : it's scheduled later : perhaps in the next revision of Jaguar.

Just buy a HP printer 5500 : it's a very good printer, especially with normal paper (nearly all printers are quite perfect concerning photo printing) and for text at the difference of many Epson printers who are bad for text.

I did not try yet the photo cartridge (waiting for it) but even in the 4 color mode, the result is impressing.

I ve eard that the canon S 520 is a good printer too, faster than the HP but with lesser results on normal papers.

I have no experiene of the Lexmark products.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    <a href="http://www.tomshardware.com"; target="_blank">Tom's Hardware Guide</a> has a good printer review somewhere. The other place I saw one was at CNet of Zdnet or something. I think it might have been the UK Zdnet site but I am too lazy to look.

Edit: Neither one is mac specific so some of the printers mentioned may not support the mac. Just be sure to check that out before hand.

[ 10-11-2002: Message edited by: Telomar ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 4
    hookhook Posts: 42member
    Thanks for the info!

I'll check out the HP stuff. I've heard good things about their printers in the past.