Wired Dartmouth Article

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/10.10/dartmouth.html?pg=1&topic=&topic_set=v"; target="_blank">link</a>

Talks about ways a wired campus affects people...

very enlightening..

BC has wireless networks in all the classrooms but not the whole campus... very annoying... esp. when your TiBook gets crappy reception...

anyway...

I find it interesting that dartmouth students use email much like the rest of us use AIM...

for short messages that are expected to be answered in the short term... and if you are always on anyway, what is the difference?

wireless campuses are going (are) to be HUGE in the near future...

is your campus (un)wired?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    UF's slowly implementing a wireless network across campus, so far it's in the CS/Engr Building, Business, Student Union and some open areas of campus, it's not too bad. I enjoy using it to check e-mail quickly and also watch my Management lectures online =)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    A Familiar Formula

small liberal arts college + not really that presitigious but can hold its own= no wireless network and/ or windoze compuderz everywhere
  • Reply 3 of 3
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    UCLA is also in middle of testing a wireless network around our student union. They're giving out free Airport cards to iBook users.