Apple’s Waze-like navigation system (Apps)

Posted:
in iPhone
Hello,

What are the new developments about "Apple’s Waze-like navigation system creates routes based on user ratings, real-time accident reporting " (published 3 years ago - 2013).

For me, Waze and Google Map applcations are very important, especially for the community who participate in on-road information: Accident, Construction work, Traffic Alert, Highway Patrol: everything is there.

If Apple does not develop its own traffic alert application with its own community or does not allow Waze on CarPlay, I think leaving the Apple community for Android (even if I prefer the Apple system).

In 2017,  Real Traffic information are also importantmore important than maps....

I do not think I'm the only one asking for these changes... Or Apple's strategy seem to cause lose market share.

THANKS!

Source: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/07/04/apples-waze-like-navigation-system-creates-routes-based-on-user-ratings-real-time-accident-reporting

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    I don't know about Apple "losing market share", but you could just use Waze on your iPhone instead of switching to an obviously inferior OS in Android.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    blabrieblabrie Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    In 2017, CarPlay and Android Auto are essential to make our roads safer. Handling a phone while driving is very dangerous. And I will never encourage anyone to do it.

What I believe is that more and more CarPlay users are asking for access to Waze. If not, what about developments about "Apple’s Waze-like navigation system creates routes based on user ratings, real-time accident reporting " ??? It's my question. 

And yes, I think that 
    Real Traffic information community is the future of navigation. Why does not Apple offer a similar application on CarPlay ???

• Reply 3 of 3
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    blabrie said:
    In 2017, CarPlay and Android Auto are essential to make our roads safer. Handling a phone while driving is very dangerous. And I will never encourage anyone to do it.

What I believe is that more and more CarPlay users are asking for access to Waze. If not, what about developments about "Apple’s Waze-like navigation system creates routes based on user ratings, real-time accident reporting " ??? It's my question. 

And yes, I think that Real Traffic information community is the future of navigation. Why does not Apple offer a similar application on CarPlay ???

The updates from other drivers are what makes Waze a better app for navigating traffic in my opinion also.