Colorizing My TI-83 Plus

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm thinking about coloring it, perhaps a white or a dark blue...i want to paint it and then put some sort of gloss on it so it looks similar to the finish of a car or like an ibook.

Can anyone help me out, or at least give me suggestions?

[ 10-24-2002: Message edited by: ast3r3x ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    you mean no one here ever painted their mac?

(i havn't but i'm not as fanatic as some)
  • Reply 2 of 9
    majormattmajormatt Posts: 1,077member
    You'll be cruisin' into math class
  • Reply 3 of 9
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Might want to take some fine sandpaper and sand the case a little bit...get it smooth and a little more 'grippy' for the paint.

What color is it? You may want to prime it first...and I suggest using Testor's spray paint (made for plastic.) They also have gloss coats (similar to clear coats found on cars.

Good luck...just gave me an idea as well.

Time to find an old scientific calc to see how it looks...
  • Reply 4 of 9
    frawgzfrawgz Posts: 547member
    Don't forget the translucent color slide case!
  • Reply 5 of 9
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 6 of 9
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    Good point, AirSluf...
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Get an 89. 83's are effeectivly jazzed up regular calculators.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by AirSluf:

<strong>How do you expect to know which function key is which if you over-paint the whole thing? Those key mappings are why you paid for more than a TI-30 in the first place. Maybe you shold just snazz-out the back and the cover.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Now I thought about this and it does put me in a difficult situation...i am thinking either trying find a stencil that small so i can paint them back

i could also put a small piece of tape over it but that would greatly decrease the aestheticness of it

last and final idea was to just take a picture of it and then past the picture onto the inside of the case and then just look off of that, because the buttons won't be painted.

i know this is really a pointless idea, but seriously, who else will have a pimp'n calc like mine

PS-after this, i think i'll put 20's on it (spraypaint the rubber gromits silver) and lower it (haha no idea)
  • Reply 9 of 9
    89s can play Street Fighter and shit like that 3D. Get one!