PS2,XBox,GC

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How could i learn to program for either of these?

Shouldn't there be an open source database so people can develope for it?

I'm working on a product and i think it will be pretty awesome, but i gota make a disc for the thing and the device itself

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    You must buy a developer kit from either company. I don't know how much they cost (a lot most likely), and I heard Nintendo is pretty strict about what games it lets on to its platform.

I don't even know if Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo will sell a developer kit to an individual user.

You can try to secure one, but you're much better off porting your game to the Mac/PC. You won't need any special tools.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    [quote]Originally posted by Kecksy:

<strong>You must buy a developer kit from either company. I don't know how much they cost (a lot most likely), and I heard Nintendo is pretty strict about what games it lets on to its platform.

I don't even know if Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo will sell a developer kit to an individual user.

You can try to secure one, but you're much better off porting your game to the Mac/PC. You won't need any special tools.</strong><hr></blockquote>

haha, well i just emailed sony and asked them how to do it

also my 'game' is more of a program...i want to get the ibrator hook up to a PS2

its more a practical joke to a friend then anything

[ 10-23-2002: Message edited by: ast3r3x ]</p>