Belkin ships $349 Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD, with dual 4K support

Posted:
in General Discussion
Belkin's Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD is now available, and in addition to the ports on it, the dock provides 85W of power to 15-inch MacBook Pro owners for charging.

The new Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD retains the form factor that the company has been using since its original Thunderbolt dock. As with most of the full-size docks, the unit supports dual-4K displays through a DisplayPort, with a second connected to the pass-through Thunderbolt 3 port.

Additional ports include three USB 3.0 type A ports with 1.5A of charging each, one combination audio in and out port, a dedicated audio out port, and a Gigabit Ethernet port.

The 170W power adapter for the dock provides enough power to support attached peripherals while delivering 85W of power to your computer through the included 1 meter long Thunderbolt 3 cable.

AppleInsider has a review unit, and will be examining it in detail shortly.

The Thunderbolt 3 Express Dock HD retails for $349, and is available from Amazon, at Apple's online store and some retail stores, and from Belkin directly.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    appexappex Posts: 687member
    Bring eSATA.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nhtnht Posts: 4,522member
    appex said:
    Bring eSATA.

Gee..I can attach something via a 6 Gbps link or a 40 Gbps link...which do I want to do?
    edited June 2017
  • Reply 3 of 3
    bestkeptsecretbestkeptsecret Posts: 4,265member
    nht said:
    appex said:
    Bring eSATA.

Gee..I can attach something via a 6 Gbps link or a 40 Gbps link...which do I want to do?

Appex chooses... 6 Gbps!!

macxpress