Pioneer's Lightning-connected Rayz Rally promises room-filling sound for music, calls on i...

Posted:
in iPhone
The Pioneer Rayz Rally is an external wired iPhone speaker, powered through the device's Lightning port, and is suitable for both small areas, and conference rooms.

The Rayz Rally has no battery, an has the ability to pass-through charge to the device, if a Lightning cable is plugged into the speaker from an external power source. The same charge port allows the Mac or a Windows PC to use the device as well.

Pioneer claims that the device "automatically knows what mode" that it is in, either being used for a call, or for general audio playback, and will optimize the audio accordingly. The single button on the device will mute or unmute calls, or play and pause music, depending on what it being played.

Firmware for the device is updated through the Rayz app, which also accommodates the similarly branded Lightning headphones in the series of accessories.

The Rayz Rally is available on Amazon for $99.95.
tomwickland

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Weird name. 
    randominternetpersonauxioStrangeDays
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Rayz2016 said:
    Weird name. 
    No joke, during the writing of the article, I said to myself "huh, don't we have some form of 'Rayz' on the forums?"

Sure enough.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Seems like a lot of money to do nothing more than boost the speaker volume and (presumably) improve the speakerphone mic.  You can do exactly what's being demonstrated in that picture with an iPhone out of the box.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,727member
    You can do exactly what's being demonstrated in that picture with an iPhone out of the box.

randominternetpersoncoolfactorStrangeDaysroundaboutnowjony0
  • Reply 5 of 10
    coolfactorcoolfactor Posts: 2,243member
    Like the concept. Don't like the price.
    randominternetpersonStrangeDays
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Like the concept. Don't like the price.
    Right. Seems like one of those products that appear on Amazon from no-name companies that sell for $6-$20.
    lolliver
  • Reply 7 of 10
    - My iPhone's not loud enough when we're doing on anything that makes noise (e.g., doing dishes).
    - Bluetooth speakers are OK, but always seem to be dead when we want to use them.  
    - I'd buy the Rays Rally--but I can't. 
    - Alas, less than 2 hours after the announcement of the product's release today, Amazon already says it's "Currently unavailable."
    - Amazon says it's not known when the item will be "back in stock."
    - I suppose it's possible the item wasn't ever actually "in stock."
  • Reply 8 of 10
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member

The Rayz Rally has no battery, an has the ability to pass-through charge to the device, if a Lightning cable is plugged into the speaker from an external power source. The same charge port allows the Mac or a Windows PC to use the device as well.

Too bad it can't be used with a Mac or PC, or any other audio source for that matter, as there's no adapter in existence to use it with anything but a Lightning equipped iOS device.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    People... You are becoming delusional. A tiny speaker can not fill a room with high SPL's of audio signals.

The laws of physics are not altered by Apple, nor any third-party manufacturers of peripheral devices.

Get a grip on reality by teaching yourselves the basics of acoustics.

Gee...Apple Airheads are a species which exist outside homo-sapiens.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    People... You are becoming delusional. A tiny speaker can not fill a room with high SPL's of audio signals.
    What are you even talking about? No one said anything about SPLs.

The laws of physics are not altered by Apple, nor any third-party manufacturers of peripheral devices.
    Again, huh? No mention of physics here.

Get a grip on reality by teaching yourselves the basics of acoustics.
    I'd say there are plenty of people on this site who understand physics and specifically acoustics way better than you.

Gee...Apple Airheads are a species which exist outside homo-sapiens.
    Please enjoy your cheap Android phone which you use because you are too poor to buy an iPhone.