Cartoon streaming service Boomerang comes to Apple TV

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Time Warner's family-oriented cartoon streaming service Boomerang launched this week on the Apple TV, having already been available to iPhone and iPad owners since April.

The service costs $4.99 per month or $39.99 per year, and includes a mix of old and new cartoons such as "Looney Toons," "Scooby Doo," "Tom and Jerry," "The Jetsons," "Bunnicula" and "Courage the Cowardly Dog." There are over 1,000 episodes available in all.

To mark the launch of its first original show, "Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz," the service is offering a free 30-day trial for Kansas residents signing up today through July 4.

Boomerang is also dedicated TV channel, but was spun off into a streaming service earlier this year.

Adults can sign up through the app or the Boomerang website. Apple TV owners must have a fourth-generation model -- iPhone and iPad owners require iOS 9.0 or later.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    supadav03supadav03 Posts: 503member
    Just signed up for a free 7-day trail on my Apple TV. Looks like a great line-up of classic cartoons. At $40, I may keep it and do the 1 year subscription.
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 2 of 4
    applesauce007applesauce007 Posts: 1,698member
    Quite nice! Several generations of classics, from the Flintstones to the Jetsons.
    $40 / Year is reasonable especially if you have cartoon watching kids.
    SpamSandwichlolliver
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gregalexandergregalexander Posts: 1,400member
    I find that very expensive - but it does match my expectations of what an a-la-carte standalone channel would have to cost. 

Meaning if you really like those cartoons it's worthwhile. Though I'd rather the traditional model of  $10 for a pack of 10 channels that includes boomerang. 
  • Reply 4 of 4
    JinTechJinTech Posts: 1,022member
    I find that very expensive - but it does match my expectations of what an a-la-carte standalone channel would have to cost. 

Meaning if you really like those cartoons it's worthwhile. Though I'd rather the traditional model of  $10 for a pack of 10 channels that includes boomerang. 
    They are owned by Time Warner so in theory they could do this. If only they would.