AI Chat Room Problem

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
some dude named JustinIDolman came into the chat just now and said: I want this chat room for myself. That disconnected us from iChat altogether.... somethings gotta be done.....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    If it's on AIM/iChat, there's nothing you CAN do.

Remember, that's just another room on the AOL network. We can exert no administrative powers there.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    but how could he ?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Magic.

"You don't need to see his identification."

We don't need to see his identification.

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

These aren't the droids we're looking for.

"You can go about your business."

You can go about your business.

"Move along."

Move along. Move along.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    by the title of this thread i thought it was going to be discussed that the same 4 people are always in AI iChat, that the discussions go nowhere and have no point and that it is all quite boring and pointless....but i was wrong... g
  • Reply 5 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    <a href="http://www.applelinks.net/shedata/"; target="_blank">http://www.applelinks.net/shedata/</a>;

bug in iChat...

you wont get kicked if you are in AIM.... i know how it works also, but i will not say so as little people as possible know how to do it... it is very annoying...

Both apple and aol have been informed...

but as brad said... there is nothing to see here... movealong...
  • Reply 6 of 9
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    now i understand something that was happening .. and that stupid i want this chat room thing. what's the deal = i have a stupid international version = cannot be kicked??

should i try tomorrow to see whether those bugs works as well if i enter there from kim [linux aim]?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Once again, I am completely at a loss for trying to translate Mulattabianca's post. :confused: :confused:

The problem here is that there is a bug in iChat that some idiots have found and are exploiting. In short, it will log you off and probably kill the iChat app if it is running. It does NOT affect other AIM clients. Only iChat.

The bug has nothing to do with the appleinsider chat room specifically. The attackers can kill your connection from anywhere. You do not need to be in a chat room for this to happen. The attackers do, however, probably use bots to scan random chat rooms, get the names of everyone there, and attack all of them.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    And this is another reason why I'm glad I don't use iChat.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    love iChat, hate iChat rooms....so no big deal....g