Video: Will Apple's 'iPhone 8' launch in September?

Posted:
in iPhone edited August 2017
After numerous rumors suggested the "iPhone 8" may not launch until as late as November, the guidance for Apple's next fiscal quarter suggests that the flagship handset could debut sooner than expected. AppleInsider brings you up to speed on the news and rumors you need to know in this new video.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube. And to get the most money for your used device ahead of the anticipated "iPhone 8," check out AppleInsider's iPhone trade-in guide to lock in a $10 to $20 cash bonus.

"iPhone 8" mockup by casemaker Nodus, via Forbes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    In the long-term scheme of things, does it really matter if the iPhone Pro/X/Edition is a few weeks late? Honestly, they're beating this topic to death. No one dies if it's late. A late iPhone won't harm Apple's business. A quarter-to-quarter revenue race shouldn't concern loyal investors at all. I'm sure those consumers who really want the flagship iPhone will be willing to wait a bit longer. This supposed consumers' need for an iPhone is really being blown out of proportion. There must be bigger problems individuals have than waiting for an iPhone. If there really is an iPhone 'super cycle' Apple will require a whole fleet of armored trucks to handle the cash flow whether the iPhone is late or not.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    if it's the "iPhone 8", it won't be late until after September 2018. You know, when the 8 would be released, since last year was the iPhone 7 and this year the iPhone 7s is expected. An 8 would come one year after a 7s. If there is an iPhone 8 this year, it is a year early.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    TL;DR - Yes, it will.

Will you get one in September? Probably not.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    you don't want to osborne yourself... and if you announce, you definitely want the release to be 'This Year', and you want to hit that date with volume.   That's why it matters.  

The closer  the s/s+/Pro are released, the synergy of 'child/spouse/BF been holding out with a cracked iPhone 6... off to the store to get the "newly reduced $99" iPhone 6s looks nice...  Nice 7S+... I should replace my 7+... its only 34/month....  Heyyyy, they have a Pro in stock....  Hmmm, 'Only' $50/month for a 256GB...  I'm special... let me get that!'

• Reply 5 of 5
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    I'm leaning with the Pro name and scheme camp. A premium device to showcase leading edge tech and design requiring pricier components that are simply not available in the usual massive iPhone volume and try to balance the ensuing tricky supply and demand. They've had a trial run with the 7+ featuring 2 cameras at an extra premium from the previous year's model and yet it sold even better and got caught in tight supply. I would expect that the Pro will come at an even higher premium proportional to the perceived extra value of the 7+ to mitigate supply issues.