How much money could I get for my system?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a Power Mac G4 933 Mhz w/ SuperDrive(QuickSilver). It has 768 MBs of RAM installed, a GeForce 4 MX (64 MBs of VRAM), a 60 GB hard drive, and a 250 MB (backwards compatible with 100 MB disks) internal Zip Drive. Also included: a 17" Apple Studio Display, Apple Pro Speakers, Harman/Kardon iSub, Apple Pro Mouse/Keyboard, an external matching floppy dirve, a matching microphone (silver), and matching Sony headphones (silver). I will include the OS 10.1 and 9.2.2 discs that it came with and of course the 10.2 discs I bought separately.

The computer has been very lightly used. Everything is in mint condition/perfect shape. The monitor has absolutely no dead pixels. If I have to, I can even throw in something extra like some games (Black and White, The Sims, The Sims Livin' Large, and American McGee's Alice) or the Microsoft Mouse, Microsoft Trackball, and ergonomic keyboard.

Here's a list of how much all of this would cost separately:

Power Mac 933 w/ Superdrive - $2,300 (when purchased brand new)

Apple Studio Display - $1,000

Added 512 MB of SDRAM - Approx. $120

250/100 MB Internal Zip Drive - $100

Apple Pro Speakers - $60

Harman/Kardon iSub - $60

<a href="http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50120287"; target="_blank">External Floppy Drive</a> - $66!! *I forgot how much these cost!* :eek:

Microphone - $30

Headphones - $20

OS 10.2 Upgrade - $130

[ 11-06-2002: Message edited by: wolfeye155 ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Apple prices in Europe being on a much higher level than in the US, I bet you'd get more than 2000 bucks for that setup easy, over here, unless you'd be selling to me, and 'd be giving me a discount to about 1000 dollars.

I'm not really into US prices though, but I have heard (there was a thread some days ago) that many seem to think Ebay prices on macs are really up there, so that'd be one way to check.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Err... $2,000 is kind of measly for all that don't you think? I'm hoping to get about $800 for the monitor alone. Also I think that $1,500-$2,000 for the computer and extras is pretty damn good...although I may be wrong...but whatever. I'd be happy with around $2,700-$3,000 all together. Please tell me if this is absolutely crazy to ask for. I see Dual 1 Ghz Quicksilvers for for over $2,000 on eBay. The 933 was just below the Dualie.

[ 11-06-2002: Message edited by: wolfeye155 ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 5
    You may want to think about selling the items separately. The 933 is going to go for less than 1699, that's for sure. Maybe 1200 or 1300 if you're lucky, but that's not outrageous to say the least.

The monitor will fetch a good price, but you should list is separately. The desktop items can be bundled with the machine, but I'd definitely big tickets on, well, separate tickets.

I was selling a B&W 400 a while ago (years) and I sold it in 3 items:

1) Comp with 256MB, 10GB.

2) Initio Miles U2W card (kept the 2x9GB drives)

3) Aurora Fuse card

I ended up selling my Fuse card to a guy in hollywood production who somehow used (and still uses) the card for ProTools. I actually think he's the guy that did a lot of the audio for Star Wars 2. Cool.

Anyway, I got 1200 for the comp (down from 2000 purchase), 110 for the Initio (Paid 149), and 469 for the Fuse (Paid 510). the chance that someone would want my exact, somewhat custom system is a lot less than individual buyers hunting down parts on eBay.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    You can buy still buy the Quicksilver 867mhz G4 from apple's education store for 1251 US dollars. Sense yours is just a little better, but used, I wouldn't ask more than that price for the tower. Monitor could go for 600 or so.

If I was looking to buy this I wouldn't pay more than 1700 US dollars. However if you sell it on ebay you'll get over two thousand I bet.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    You're forgetting the L3 cache. The 867 MHz edu models are barebones, with no L3 cache. The 933, however, had 2 MB of L3 cache, making it much faster. So it's probably worth somewhere between a dual 867 and a single 867, not the same as an edu single 867.