19" CRT Monitor Advice ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi, I´m really happy to post my first msg as mac user. Today I ordered a DP 867 512 mb. & 80 Gb but I wonder about which monitor should I buy, so please help me and post your opinions.

This machine will be for graphic design (print & web) so I was thinking about buying a Lacie ElectroBlueIII 19" or LG F900P, also 19", both are CRT. LCDs are too expensive for me so I think the best option would be a 19" CRT.

I think the LACIE one has 2 horiz. small lines crossing the screen, and I think I would hate to see them and the LG has also a 4 USB ports hub.

What do you think?

More info:

<a href="http://www.lacie.com/"; target="_blank">Lacie</a>

<a href="http://www.lge.com/"; target="_blank">LG</a>

(I hope you understand my poor English)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    The two horizontal lines are a signature for Trinitron tubes or variants of that design. You will find those on every Trinitron tubes as they are the two wires that hold the aperture grille in place. IMHO, their image quality is much better than other tubes and hence the premium.

My recommendation is to get the flatest CRT possbile.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    fotnsfotns Posts: 301member
    I recommend the Hitachi CM721F 19" Flat CRT monitor. I have one and its great.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    SONY! SONY! SONY! SONY!

• Reply 4 of 6
    Hehe, yes the Sony tubes are great.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    My flat tube 19" NEC MultiSync FP950 is excellent quality at any resolution. I have not once regreted getting it. I think the number of the more current version is FP955.

It also has the two stabilizing wires inside. Though, you wouldn't even notice them unless you were specifically looking for them. I had actually forgotten they were there until klinux mentioned it.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Not only SONY's tube is great. It also is the only brand that makes monitor with cases that closely "match" to the greyish silver of the SlowSilver (tm) and One-Eyed Mikey (tm) towers