New Switch Ad - Bill Swan

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.apple.com/switch/ads/billswan.html"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/switch/ads/billswan.html</a>;



he was soo fed up with his pc. (I don't have audio at the PC at work, so I don't know what he's saying, but I wanted to keep you on track)

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 18
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    For those with no audio, His kid wakes him up to fix the printer on the PeeCee.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    thanks scott !
  • Reply 3 of 18
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    oh and it ends with "My name is Bill Swan and I'm a dad".



    BTW you have you're own little switch add going there. "Yea, I at work and needed to see an important movie on line. It was like __________ no sound. I was all like wusss uppppp with that? So I got a Mac and now i can hear everything. My name is Defiant and I'm an AI board member"



    [ 11-08-2002: Message edited by: Scott ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 18
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />
  • Reply 5 of 18
    jpfjpf Posts: 167member
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott:

    <strong>oh and it ends with "My name is Bill Swan and I'm a dad".



    BTW you have you're own little switch add going there. "Yea, I at work and needed to see an important movie on line. It was like __________ no sound. I was all like wusss uppppp with that? So I got a Mac and now i can hear everything. My name is Defiant and I'm an AI board member"



    [ 11-08-2002: Message edited by: Scott ]</strong><hr></blockquote>



    <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />
  • Reply 6 of 18
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    "Yeah, I'm at work and needed to see an important movie online. It was like fucking no sound. I was all like "wassaaaap?" So I quit that job on the spot, and got myself a Mac. Now I can even listen to Music while I'm at the Mac! My name is Defiant an I'm an AI board member."



  • Reply 7 of 18
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    lol... defiant, funny, scott, good catch...
  • Reply 8 of 18
    xionjaxionja Posts: 504member
    lol,



    This is a good switch add. All these new ones are nice they have unskilled people in them like janie porsche and other(i don't learn these names) that have normal jobs, not like all smart people jobs.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    This is digging up an old thread, but I thought I'd weigh in on this ad.



    Bill Swan's a real loser.



    Modern Printers sit on USB lines, which plug into a motherboard. Even last generation printers hook into parallel ports, which are part of a motherboard.



    THERE IS NO CARDS INVOLVED.



    So basically, he screwed up his PC by pulling cards because he's a moron.



    Apple, using this kind of ad (the new Mac Guy Vs PC Guy ads aren't much better) tactic really are shooting themselves in the foot. The whole C++ Gui Guide vs Picture book makes Macs look retarded. If I want to program visual stuff, use PC! If I want my 2 year old to play with picture books, use Mac!



    Way to go, ad team. WAy to go.
  • Reply 10 of 18
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icewind


    This is digging up an old thread, but I thought I'd weigh in on this ad.



    Bill Swan's a real loser.



    Modern Printers sit on USB lines, which plug into a motherboard. Even last generation printers hook into parallel ports, which are part of a motherboard.



    THERE IS NO CARDS INVOLVED.



    So basically, he screwed up his PC by pulling cards because he's a moron.



    Apple, using this kind of ad (the new Mac Guy Vs PC Guy ads aren't much better) tactic really are shooting themselves in the foot. The whole C++ Gui Guide vs Picture book makes Macs look retarded. If I want to program visual stuff, use PC! If I want my 2 year old to play with picture books, use Mac!



    Way to go, ad team. WAy to go.



    So now that you have dug up an old Thread about an Old Ad about Old Printers and PCs, are you proud of yourself? You have successfully proven Nothing.



    Sebastian
  • Reply 11 of 18
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Icewind


    If I want to program visual stuff, use PC! If I want my 2 year old to play with picture books, use Mac!



    Damn, I really wish you'd told me that before I did my doctorate in software engineering solely on a PowerBook. Gee, I feel so stupid.
  • Reply 12 of 18
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    This post is 4 years old.



    FOUR YEARS



    Man, trolls are really having a hard time these days. And how long did you have to search for this?
  • Reply 13 of 18
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Yikes, how many 4 year old threads have been resurrected in the last month? It's getting a little ridiculous.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kickaha


    Damn, I really wish you'd told me that before I did my doctorate in software engineering solely on a PowerBook. Gee, I feel so stupid.



    How is it our English-challenged PC brethren put it? Oh yes, I believe it should be something along the lines of "P0wned!!!11 Ur teh Suxx0rz [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!111"
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Okay... look.

    I am not a loser.

    In fact, nearly five years later... my daughter's PC still gets bombarded by spyware, pop-ups and wireless networks that mysteriously disappear... not to mention the various incompatabilities of third party hardware that don't quite respond the way they should.

    Now mind you, I'm no spokesperson for Apple. While I think that they build an excellent product, they have adopted this habit of developing disposable hardware that lasts for three years and falls apart. (some of my older macs are still running just fine in the schools where I donated them.

    But despite slot loading drives that fail, hard drives that overheat in their laptops (3 drives in 5 years on my ibook) and a re-defining of the concept of "ownership" thanks to iTunes, I'll still take my chances with a mac over a PC anyday.

    And I open computers and swap cards cuz I know what I'm doing.



    so there.



    Bill
  • Reply 16 of 18
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Translation please.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,080member
    This thread is still alive... why?



    Sebastian
  • Reply 18 of 18
    God damn it. I wish this would stop happening. I was so confused as to what this thread was about. Who the hell is Bill Swan, and why does it matter? Who cares? Can't we do something about the resurrection of old threads? Maybe a nice smack of the good old ban stick.
Sign In or Register to comment.