Apple debuts latest 'Carpool Karaoke' trailers as this week's episode debuts

Posted:
in General Discussion
Apple late Tuesday posted a pair of commercials promoting upcoming episodes of "Carpool Karaoke" to its official YouTube channel, while airing the show's latest episode on Apple Music.

This week's pair of episodes was slated to feature the Cyrus family, including daughter Miley and father Billy Ray, and the pairing of Queen Latifah and Jada Pinkett Smith. The seventh episode starring Latifah and Smith is currently live on Apple Music, but the sixth episode starring the Cyrus clan has yet to go live.

Apple last week removed an ad for the Cyrus episode from its YouTube page, prompting speculation that the installment will not air. The commercial has since been reinstated, though episode six is still missing from "Karaoke's" Apple Music playlist.

As for this week's previews, Apple teases a "Karaoke" chapter featuring Shaquille O'Neal and John Cena, who drive through town singing hits like "Maneater" by Hall & Oates and "Gin And Juice" by Snoop Dogg. The pair makes at least one pit stop at a local basketball court to meet fans.

A second trailer offers a sneak peek at Michael Strahan and Jeff Gordon, who are seen singing along to "Physical" by Olivia Newton-John and "Closer" by The Chainsmokers featuring Halsey. Strahan and Gordon also face off in a pedicab race.

"Karaoke" premiered as an Apple Music exclusive earlier this month with an episode featuring Will Smith and show creator James Corden. The show is nearing its halfway mark after hosting stars like Ariana Grande, Metallica, Alicia Keys, John Legend, Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner.

Apple is slated to air 16 episodes, with upcoming installments featuring Joe Jonas, Ice Cube and more.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    levilevi Posts: 344member
    CPK at least has the clout, social media presence to get some viewers. Seems the GOT actors got some traction. That’s how late TV works now. 
  • Reply 2 of 7
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    I predict that CPK apple style will be a complete flop. From what I have seen it has become flashy and over produced which is exactly what the show did not need. It detracts frim the essential premise. Fast cuts, camera angles and clever editing makes less spontaneous and MUCH less fun. Shame. 
  • Reply 3 of 7
    AI_liasAI_lias Posts: 434member
    Who is this produced by, Craig Federighi?  :#
  • Reply 4 of 7
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    paxman said:
    I predict that CPK apple style will be a complete flop. From what I have seen it has become flashy and over produced which is exactly what the show did not need. It detracts frim the essential premise. Fast cuts, camera angles and clever editing makes less spontaneous and MUCH less fun. Shame. 
    Define flop? What exactly do you think is the point of the series? Do you not understand that the entire point of the show is to promote Apple Music?

Apple Music has been out for over two years and it was only last week I decided to sign up for my free 90 days of Apple Music because I wanted to watch a couple episodes of Carpool Karaoke. In 27 months I had not once considered using my 3 months of free access until I saw an ad for the series that made me want to see more.
    edited August 2017 lolliverwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 7
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Episode 6 is up, you find it in the Carpool Karaoke Explicit episodes list.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Could you tell me why no article on the internet, or apple speaks of the fact that Carpool Karaoke can not be seen in some markets? I can not see it in the Dominican Republic. I have resorted to support from Apple in Latin America and no one admits that it is not available. I am very disappointed of Apple.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    yojimbo007yojimbo007 Posts: 1,165member
    Cringe x3 
    Most embarrassing  of stupidy
    Apple get take it off tte air..Pppplease!!!