Is $45 shipped for a Voodoo3 2000 16 MB PCI card a good deal?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have a PowerMac 7500 with a 7600 motherboard and a G3/400 processor at home with a dead video system. I need a new video card for it to work so I figured I'd spend the $20 or $30 more it would require to get a nice graphics card instead of a crappy Rage II or something. Someone offered me a Voodoo3 2000 16 MB card for $45 shipped... is this a good deal? I don't know much about the 3dfx cards, but I do know that the most demanding graphical task I'll be using this computer for would be Unreal Tournament. No OS X, it's too much of a hassle and it would be slow on this computer, that's why I'm considering a 3dfx card.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    Seems like a good price, just looking at auctions on ebay. Though it still seems steep to me... pci is more expensive than the agp version, go figure.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Well, it would make sense that the PCI is more expensive than the AGP. You don't want a little Voodoo card tying up your AGP port, do you? The PCI allows it to drive a second monitor on any computer that supports it, while the AGP is much more limited.