Join AppleInsider live at the Steve Jobs Theater for Apple's iPhone X & iPhone 8 unveiling...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited September 2017
Today at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m., Eastern, Apple will kick off a presentation finally taking the wraps off of its premium iPhone X with edge-to-edge OLED display, as well as new iPhone 8 models. AppleInsider is there live with full, exclusive coverage and analysis.

This page should automatically forward you to our live blog. If not, click here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 38
    What?! We're expected to wait till ONE?!!
  • Reply 2 of 38
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    We've got pictures from the campus on an earlier post. Live vicariously.
  • Reply 3 of 38
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    We've got pictures from the campus on an earlier post. Live vicariously.
    Also, Dan is supposed to be posting stuff to our instagram.
  • Reply 4 of 38
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    I'm so ready for Apple Christmas even if I already know everything that's under the tree.
    ariepatchythepirate
  • Reply 5 of 38
    You guys got an invite? Cool. I guess MacRumors and 9to5 Mac won't be there after the iOS11 GM leak.
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 6 of 38
    Apple Store is closed :)

• Reply 7 of 38
    A11 Geekbench results: 

Source: https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/3967901

Looks good, although, only a ~15% increase in single core performance is a bit disappointing.

From my understanding Geekbench isn't the best to compare x86 and ARM, so don't go throwing out your Macbooks just yet. There's a reason websites like Anandtech don't use Geekbench.

• Reply 8 of 38
    Love the pictures of the hands-on area (currently behind the huge columnar wall in the space below the lobby; that wall won't be there when they exit the theater).  The stone is beautiful as well.

edited September 2017 SoliSpamSandwichpatchythepirate
  • Reply 9 of 38
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    "Apple Events is unavailable. Try again later."

I'd hoped Apple ineptitude and poor planning on these events was a past thing...too much to hope for
  • Reply 10 of 38
    boredumb said:

I'd hoped Apple ineptitude and poor planning on these events was a past thing...too much to hope for
    Bye-bye! Blocked.
    StrangeDayspatchythepirate
  • Reply 11 of 38
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,163member
    Apple events appletv app not working.  AirPlay from website OK.
  • Reply 12 of 38
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Wont play in Safari for me. Watching on iPhone :( 
  • Reply 13 of 38
    boredumb said:

Works fine here, skippy
  • Reply 14 of 38
    Sweet, it's official. Apple TV supports Dolby Vision and HDR10. Sold!

EDIT: Wow, free 4K upgrade from purchased HD movies. That's pretty huge. Plus, 4K movies same price as HD. Bye Bye Vudu. 
    edited September 2017 StrangeDays
  • Reply 15 of 38
    Damn, looks nice. But I still like my 1080p Panasonic plasma! Eek... Guess I will think about upgrading at some point.
  • Reply 16 of 38
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member

EDIT: Wow, free 4K upgrade from purchased HD movies. That's pretty huge. Plus, 4K movies same price as HD. Bye Bye Vudu. 
    I wasn't expecting the free upgrades to 4K because of how the content owners are with Apple.
  • Reply 17 of 38
    Soli said:

I wasn't expecting the free upgrades to 4K because of how the content owners are with Apple.
    That was a pretty big surprise to me. I wonder how Vudu is going to react to that? Only way to get 4K digital movies is by paying $30 or using the digital copy code from a purchased 4K blu ray. 
  • Reply 18 of 38
    All of the presenters so far have been fantastic, but man Phil has been terrible.  Really boring and emotionless presentation of the iPhone 8.  It's like he's reading cue cards lol
  • Reply 19 of 38
    boredumb said:

Works fine here, skippy
    Doesn't work on my 3rd Gen.
  • Reply 20 of 38
    One more thing!!!!!  WOOHOO  :)