MOVED [OSX]: Weird error in Jag

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey ppl... I got the first error ever in my Jag. I was trying to empty the trash of a Zip disk and then I get this error:

"You need to restart your computer. Press the Power button for a few seconds or press the Restart button."

It says that in English, French, German and I think either Chinese or Japanese.

This really scares me... Ive never had any errors in Jag before, especially not when empyting the trash. If anyone can help me with this I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

PiBO2k2

[ 11-12-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    That's a kernel panic.

It means your system has failed in a very low level and cannot be recovered. You must restart.

Congratulations. Some people never get to see that screen.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    i see that screen very often... i didnt realize it was a kernel panic as it happens when i try to restart or shutdown (not all the time tho)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Could it be the disk itself? ive never had a problem with empyting the trash of a Zip disk before...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I had a problem with getting one whenever I emptied the trash. I narrowed it down to one file, which was the OS X Beta of Snood. It had something to do with that file that was in the trash and Norton, I guess Norton 7 has caused several people to get KPs when emptying the trash.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Let's let the geeks in the OSX forum have at this thread.