Video: The best ARKit apps you can download now on iOS 11

Posted:
in iPhone
One of the most hyped features of Apple's new iOS 11 update is ARKit, a series of tools for developers that make it easier than ever to create augmented reality apps. with ARKit apps now available on the App Store, AppleInsider gives you some of the best options you can test out right now.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    LucioguidoLucioguido Posts: 9unconfirmed, member
    Why would you put a list in video only format? Please publish all lists as text and feel free to add a video. There are hundreds of reasons this is more useful. 
    doozydozen2old4fun
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Just dloaded the TapMeasure App and ran it on my iPad Pro...

Whoa!

It lets you move around a room and set points on the floor to define a floor plan.

Then you swipe up to the ceiling to define the walls.

Optionally, you can detect or define objects like windows, doors, tables, etc.

It creates a 3D model of the room.

When you share it (email, etc.), the 3D model is automatically uploaded to the TapMeasure web site. 

From there, you can dload a Trimble* SketchUp 3D architectural model -- which you can manipulate at will...

Here's the youngest boy's bedroom no frills (less than 3 minutes):

Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper will go crazy with this tool...

Apple should buy Trimble! *

Apple should buy Fixer Upper!

Apple should buy Joanna Gaines!

* SketchUp was originally developed by Google, then abandoned/sold to Trimble.  Bet they're having second thoughts, now...

SpamSandwichdoozydozenjbdragonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 6

Whoa!

It lets you move around a room and set points on the floor to define a floor plan.

Then you swipe up to the ceiling to define the walls.

Optionally, you can detect or define objects like windows, doors, tables, etc.

It creates a 3D model of the room.

When you share it (email, etc.), the 3D model is automatically uploaded to the TapMeasure web site. 

From there, you can dload a Trimble* SketchUp 3D architectural model -- which you can manipulate at will...

Here's the youngest boy's bedroom no frills (less than 3 minutes):

Joanna Gaines of Fixer Upper will go crazy with this tool...

Apple should buy Trimble! *

Apple should buy Fixer Upper!

Apple should buy Joanna Gaines!

* SketchUp was originally developed by Google, then abandoned/sold to Trimble.  Bet they're having second thoughts, now...

I'll have to try that one. I downloaded "ARuler" and was very unsatisfied with the results.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    BluntBlunt Posts: 224member
    Here is the list for the best AR apps for Android:
    Nameo_doozydozenicoco3jbdragonwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 6

Actually, SketchUp was first developed by @ Last Software in 1999/2000. Google acquired Sketchup in 2006.
    edited September 2017 doozydozenjony0
  • Reply 6 of 6

Actually, SketchUp was first developed by @ Last Software in 1999/2000. Google acquired Sketchup in 2006.
    Google has a short attention span, so them letting it go is to be expected :-).
    jbdragonwatto_cobra