For Sale: Sony Ericsson T68i

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
AT&T Phone. $140 shipped.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    tooltool Posts: 242member
    So this would only work with AT&T?

And what regions will it work in? What's ****ed is that I know TMobile and (damn, can't think of the name! begins with a C that replaced BellSouth)...anyways, they sell them but not in this area right now.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    [quote]Originally posted by TOOL:

<strong>So this would only work with AT&T?

And what regions will it work in? What's ****ed is that I know TMobile and (damn, can't think of the name! begins with a C that replaced BellSouth)...anyways, they sell them but not in this area right now. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Cingular? I don't understand why phones need to be locked. There are ways to unlock them, though. I just don't know how.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Bodhi:

<strong>AT&T Phone. $140 shipped.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You can get it brand new $150 at BestBuy.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Didn't say the price was un-negotiable. Plus $150 at Best Buy after mail in rebate and with signing up for a plan for a period of time. This is much less hassle if you ask me but I appreciate your excellent contribution to this thread! :cool:

Funny thing is I believe this phone is supposed to be locked but so far twice I have turned the phone on and had Cingular show up on it. I shut it off and turn it back on and AT&T shows up.

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: Bodhi ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Cool. I was actually thinking about getting the new t68i and the 39.99 1000 minute per month plan :eek: . What do your synced contacts look like on the phone?
  • Reply 6 of 11
    I'm really tired of Sprint's lousy selection of phones. It seems my only options are Samsung, LG, or some PDA Smartphone combo. Even though there are phones out there that will operate on Sprint's network... I can't use it because it is locked to another company. *sigh*

I'd just like to upgrade my digital only StarTAC of the past four years with another Motorola, but I'd take the Ericsson if it meant I had another choice with Sprint
  • Reply 7 of 11
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by ShawnPatrickJoyce:

<strong>Cool. I was actually thinking about getting the new t68i and the 39.99 1000 minute per month plan :eek: . What do your synced contacts look like on the phone?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't know, I've heard of far too many issues with T68is. There's a reason that none of the wireless providers' direct retail stores sell them anymore. Besides, there are cooler things coming out soon, or that have already come out. Especially if you're going with T-Mobile!

I should also mention that for 39.99 with T-Mobile you can choose between 1000 whenever minutes or 600 whenever minutes and unlimited minutes on weekends... and currently, there's a promo where if you sign up now, you can get on a promotional plan where you get unlimited nights for free on the latter plan, normally you have to pay more for that.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    wmfwmf Posts: 1,164member
    [quote]Originally posted by Bodhi:

<strong>Funny thing is I believe this phone is supposed to be locked but so far twice I have turned the phone on and had Cingular show up on it. I shut it off and turn it back on and AT&T shows up.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think that just means you're on the Cingular network at that moment. (My P280 is locked to my VoiceStream account, but sometimes it shows other network names.) To really know whether it's locked or not, you'd have to put a different SIM card in it.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by wmf:

<strong>

I think that just means you're on the Cingular network at that moment. (My P280 is locked to my VoiceStream account, but sometimes it shows other network names.) To really know whether it's locked or not, you'd have to put a different SIM card in it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

There are so many things wrong with this. T-Mobile. It's not locked, it's just selected. Network selection is a feature of your handset. Not all networks are available in all areas. T-Mobile uses roaming partners for a large portion of their chosen coverage areas, including Cingular. SIM cards identify the subscriber, you. You might not be able to select networks other than the one you have service with, and your phone may not display some networks that it knows you don't have access to, and swapping your SIM card may reset your handset which in turn tricks it to power cycle and detect more networks, but the SIM card doesn't determine which networks your phone can detect, and if you changed your SIM card, you might be able to actually access the different network to which you've registered that SIM card, but that's all there is. SIM cards can also be terminated through specific services causing them not to work with others, but that's not a user-caused thing, it's a network thing.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    Man, we are getting hosed on these phones in Canada. The t68i just became available here and the prices are outrageous. The starting price through Rogers mobility is $549 CDN. The prices drops the longer you sign a contract. The cheapest you can get it is $349CDN, with a <strong>2 year</strong> contract. BestBuy in the US sells them for $150USD, which converts to at most, $240 CDN...anyone know if I buy a phone in the US, can I get it working on a Canadian network by just getting a SIM from the provider?
  • Reply 11 of 11
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    things are going BUMP in the night!