SprintPCS Phone Buying Advice

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok, as my gf pointed out the other day, my cell phone is really no good if I can't dial anything on it. I've had my digital Motorola StarTAC ever since I signed up with Sprint in 1999. It has served me well, but I do believe that all good things must come to an end, as should my phone. It takes me four minutes to dial anything on it because the buttons don't really work.

So, even though I despise the phones offered by Sprint, I am going to have to replace my StarTAC with one. Anyone have any suggestions? It is going to be a flip phone, I can't deal with open face phones. So I've been looking at that Samsung A500 and the Sanyo 5300. I think they both look totally ghey, but since they are my only options...

Anyone used these? Anyone want to suggest another phone? And please, don't suggest another provider where I can get a good phone. I do believe I would suffer a $150 cancellation fee with Sprint. Plus, I get 400 anytime minutes and 4500 night and weekend minutes a month for $40. Show me a provider who can beat that

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    I'd suggest taking a glance at Amazon's cell phone section, there's usually a decent amount of customer reviews on various phones, and they have a bunch of rebates on almost every phone.

At a quick glance, it looks like the Sanyo SCP4900 and the LG LX5350 seem to have gotten good ratings.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    M3D, I'll send you my almost completely unused <a href="http://www.zdnet.com/supercenter/stories/overview/0,12069,526191,00.html"; target="_blank">N200</a> for $20 + shipping if you want it. I've got Cingular and that thing's been gather dust for months. Seriously, it's nearly new (it was a replacement phone that I got just before I decided to ditch sprint with 4 months left on my contract. It was cheaper to pay the contract out than cancel). Email me if you're interested...

edit: it includes the charger too.

[ 11-19-2002: Message edited by: torifile ]</p>