Video: AppleInsider reviews Apple's iPhone X with Face ID

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2017
Ahead of its official launch on Friday, AppleInsider has spent a few days extensively testing the highly anticipated iPhone X, and we came away impressed. See why in our official review.

In addition to the video review, embedded above, be sure to read Daniel Eran Dilger's full iPhone X text review published earlier Thursday.

For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

bb-15

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Love it! Great review and thank you for the giggle with the poo Animoji photo with Daniel’s look! 😆
    jSnively
  • Reply 2 of 9
    I'm not a big fan of his speech rhythm. It sounds overly read–from–a–script. The intonation rises and falls in strange and off putting ways. 

The content of the video is fine, but the delivery is distracting. This is just constructive criticism, I'm not trying to be a dick. I think you should try to have a more naturally flowing, conversational voice. 
    williamlondonfreerange
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Feces? Seriously? A bit immature. 
    williamlondon
  • Reply 4 of 9
    kruegdude said:
    think of it as chocolate ice cream if you can't handle it.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    I notice in all the videos I've seen so far, that people showing it are holding it rather unnaturally. Is that just for filming of a video purposes... or more what I'd imagine happening when you go to a nearly borderless design? Do you have to hold it carefully w/o touching the screen, or have they really done a super-good job of rejection of unwanted touches?

(Based on my experience with Apple trackpads... while they try, it's not good enough to be non-annoying and require disabling of several features. If similar with the phone, that's going to be an issue.)
  • Reply 6 of 9
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    greg uvan said:
    I'm not a big fan of his speech rhythm. It sounds overly read–from–a–script. The intonation rises and falls in strange and off putting ways. 

The content of the video is fine, but the delivery is distracting. This is just constructive criticism, I'm not trying to be a dick. I think you should try to have a more naturally flowing, conversational voice. 
    Not trying to be a dick either BUT slow the fk down - at least half the speed you are speaking, but probably better at 1/3!!!!! You are doing a technical and performance review along with visuals but you present soooooo fast that its uncomfortable to watch and you lose the details in just one viewing. This is a consistent problem across all of your video reviews. What the heck is the hurry?????
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 7 of 9
    jSnivelyjSnively Posts: 429administrator
    kruegdude said:
    💩
    williamlondon
  • Reply 8 of 9
    greg uvan said:

Sounds fine to me. 
  • Reply 9 of 9
    cgWerkscgWerks Posts: 2,952member
    freerange said:
    What the heck is the hurry?????
    Attention span of goldfish? :)