Temporary iPhone X activation problems occur as AT&T, Verizon servers get slammed [u]

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    unphocus said:
    Not good for Apple if their phone can’t even connect to the carrier to activate. I’m waiting for pundits and tech media to spin this into turd... wait... for.... it...
    Try harder. 
  • Reply 22 of 25
    I'm guessing the servers (at ATT et al) were simply overloaded... I had the same message for a couple hours, then got online on the desktop ... ATT site, text-chat with customer support, gave them the IMEI and ICCD (from the box) and they activated the phone in a matter of seconds. :)
    On the downside, I can't, for the life of me, remember the encryption password for my backup.... so I'm having to reload the new phone manually, from scratch.  I hope there was nothing important in my text history... it's gone now! (my own fault)

watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 25
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member
    Wife's iPhone X came today (ordered from T-Mobile website, not Apple).  It was an upgrade on her current line.   In the past, with AT&T, when the phone activated it activated the SIM as well and switched the number to the new phone.  All automatically.   For some reason, with this upgrade on T-Mobile the SIM did not activate.   The phone activated fine but the number was still attached to the old phone.  I had to call T-Mobile and they had me take the SIM put, read the number on it to them, and they did it manually.   After that worked fine.  
  • Reply 24 of 25
    focherfocher Posts: 687member
    chadbag said:
    The phone activated fine but the number was still attached to the old phone.  I had to call T-Mobile and they had me take the SIM put, read the number on it to them, and they did it manually.   After that worked fine.  
    They just had me swap the SIM with the old phone.  No issues. 
  • Reply 25 of 25
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,300member
    cali said:
    bluefire1 said:
    Apple support checked my serial number and confirmed it shipped with IOS 6. 
    Did you recently switch to Pixel knockoffs and trying to stir sh**?

Does Apple even have iOS 6 available somewhere?

Even iOS 10 would have been more believable. 
    I thought the same thing, but the telephone Apple Support guy said it. Fortunately, when I was transferred to a senior tech guy, he saw the IOS 6 listed based upon my serial number. He agreed with you guys saying it wasn't plausible, but took me through some steps to be sure I had 11.1. 
    watto_cobra