Xmas gift questions... digital cameras and PDAs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm making an xmas list and I have to ask for some advice.

1. Are there any PDAs that have both USB and Mac serial connectivity, and are compatible with systems as old as 8.1 as well as OS X? It would be for use with both an older PowerBook and a fairly new G4 running OS X.

2. What's the best sub-$200 digital camera, perhaps with 2 megapixels or thereabouts? It would also be nice if it used a rechargable battery instead of AAs, and a larger memory card of 64-128 MB capacity should also probably be factored into the price.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I've got a Fuji FinePix 2600. It's nice(and under $200) even though the picture quality is poor in low light conditions. It come with rechargable batteries and a 16 meg card. The thing I like about it the most is being able to transfer images using USB HD mode. In Linux, I don't have to used a Photo softeware, just add a line fstab and mount it has a hard drive.

I'm not a surrious photographer. This is the last pic I took. It was in a public restroom, because... well, there were seven rolls of toilet paper mounted on the wall and you don't see that every day.

<a href="http://tioga.student.iastate.edu/pics/dscf0054.jpg"; target="_blank">here it is</a>

[ 11-21-2002: Message edited by: smithjoel ]</p>