Apple Park Visitor Center to see Nov. 17 grand opening

Posted:
in General Discussion
The recently-completed Visitor Center for Apple Park will open to the public on Nov. 17, signage and internal emails revealed on Wednesday.

"Please join us for our grand opening Friday, November 17," a sign spotted at Apple Park reads. The information is also reportedly being circulated in an email memo to Apple staff, cited by MacRumors.

Image Credit: Graham Crowley on Twitter
Image Credit: Graham Crowley on Twitter

The company is also inviting nearby Cupertino residents to attend a special preview on Nov. 16 between 3 and 8 p.m. Those people must show a photo ID, but can bring up to three other guests.

Just got an invite to visit Apple's new visitor center. Cool tin foil shiny "Hello" harking back to the Mac's introduction Tip @Techmeme pic.twitter.com/EogVpN9wes

-- Abbi Vakil (@AbbiV)

The Visitor Center has a gift shop, cafe, and observation deck, as well a space for an augmented reality presentation about Apple Park. It's located across the street at 10600 North Tantau Avenue.
tallest skil

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I wonder why they made the decision to do 90% concrete/10% plant in the space around the center. I think the in-ground lighting is sort of neat (though how useful a light it would be is probably questionable), but still. 

EDIT: Okay, after seeing it from this angle it makes more sense; it’s just a small outdoor patio.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 2 of 11
    anomeanome Posts: 1,533member
    Looking forward to popping in next time I'm in the Bay Area. Possibly next year, depending on how organised and/or rich I am.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    I guess it’s not top secret anymore now?
  • Reply 4 of 11
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,111member
    I wonder why they made the decision to do 90% concrete/10% plant in the space around the center. I think the in-ground lighting is sort of neat (though how useful a light it would be is probably questionable), but still. 

EDIT: Okay, after seeing it from this angle it makes more sense; it’s just a small outdoor patio.
    Are you sure that’s concrete? Or is it some sort of permeable ground surface, like a fine gravel that can be walked on?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    CobraGuy said:
    I guess it’s not top secret anymore now?
    I don't think it was top secret to begin with...
  • Reply 6 of 11
    fred1 said:
    Are you sure that’s concrete? Or is it some sort of permeable ground surface, like a fine gravel that can be walked on?
    I can’t imagine them doing that; think of the weed problem. Could be, though.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    fred1 said:

It looks like polished concrete squares to me. At least they didn't use asphalt or something like that. Not only would that look terrible, it cracks much easier and gets really hot when the sun beams down on it. 
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Not making a special trip until they have actual tours of the campus. Looking at it from across the street is a no-go for me. 
  • Reply 9 of 11
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,111member
    Not making a special trip until they have actual tours of the campus. Looking at it from across the street is a no-go for me. 
    Then I guess you won’t be going any time soon. (ever)
  • Reply 10 of 11
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    macxpress said:
    fred1 said:

It looks like polished concrete squares to me. At least they didn't use asphalt or something like that. Not only would that look terrible, it cracks much easier and gets really hot when the sun beams down on it. 
    Polished? Too slippery, I think.

Somebody should take a close-up of the texture. I would think they'd want it to be porous to let water drain through for the trees.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Hoping to know their hours and if they will be open in between Christmas and New Years Day... we will be in town then and it would be awesome if they were open despite that being an Apple Corporate Holiday week.