Video: Unboxing Apple's new iMac Pro

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2020
It's here: Apple's ultra-premium $4,999 iMac Pro has begun arriving at the doorsteps of early adopters, and AppleInsider has just unboxed the brand new, professional-grade, all-in-one desktop. Take a closer look at this beast of a machine in our exclusive unboxing video.

AppleInsider will have much more to come on the iMac Pro, including benchmark tests of the entry-level model, and a full, in-depth review. For more reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube. And for a full list of deals on every iMac Pro configuration, please visit our Price Guide.

cornchip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    awesome unboxing video!
    chiaracerhomie3watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 12
    Makes all other iMacs look obsolete in comparison.
    racerhomie3cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 12
    This computer is just pure beauty. Space grey really makes a difference.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 12
    That Space Grey iMac really pulls the room together.

StrangeDaysdsdwatto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 12
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    I love how even the Apple logo stickers in the box are dark grey instead of the usual white. 
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 12
    The iMac Pro, the computer supposedly no one will be buying because of its closed design. That might be good for me. If Apple has a hard time selling them or plenty of returns, maybe Apple will reduce their prices and I can score an iMac Pro at a lower price. I can't believe no one would want an iMac Pro but there are so many commenters saying the machine isn't good enough for them. Oh, well...
    racerhomie3watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 12
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    No, no one is going to buy this machine as their home email and browsing computer. Well, I might just because.
    cornchipwatto_cobrajony0
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Didn’t see the power cable. Is it jet black too?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 12
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,092member
    It seems lacking that they didn't buy it and include the black trackpad.  That's just wrong.

Stunning machine.  If Apple offered that color scheme to their regular iMac line, it would be a huge seller.  Hoping one day they'll do that.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Well done video! Enjoyed it.

Is any company making products as beautiful and as well thought out as Apple?

Best.
    cornchipwatto_cobra
  • Reply 11 of 12
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member
    Ugh. Awesome. Maybe some day. 

Now just waiting on my Mac Pro hypothesis to come true  :/
  • Reply 12 of 12
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    I just saw one of these today in an Apple Store. Pretty nice looking iMac I must say. If I had $5000, I'd buy it just because I like the space gray design with the everything else space gray. 

cecil444 said:
    Didn’t see the power cable. Is it jet black too?
    Yes the power cable is black as well. You also get a black lightning cable as well with it. 
    edited December 2017 watto_cobra