blocked contacts syncing to multiple phones

Posted:
in iPhone
Hello. Im not very knowledagble of apple products so I come here asking for help. My wife has a new iphone x with the latest ios software and my son has a iphone 7 plus with the latest ios software. There is a contact saved on both phones with the same phone number but the contact name is different. For arguement sake, my wife has the contact listed as "brother" and my son has the contact listed as "uncle." We want the contact to be blocked on my wifes phone but not on my sons phone. However, when we block the contact on my wifes phone it will sync over to my sons phone. How can we avoid this?

As far as I know, when we bought my son his phone we used the same email address that was already on my wifes phone. For whatever reason she said that was a good idea. I think thats called your apple id? Additionally, the icloud backup is turned off on my sons phone.

Is having the same email address (apple id?) on both phones causing this problem even though icloud backup is turned off? Can we simply change the email address on my sons phone to avoid this problem?

Thank you for the help

Comments