Bug or Possible Exploit?

Posted:
in Genius Bar
Returned to my iMac (27", Late 2009, Core i7, 10.13.1) to discover the Dock unhidden, which was not how I left it 5 minutes earlier. No one else has had physical access to the machine (home office). In System Preferences, the Automatically hide and show the Dock check box was un-checked, which is not how I had it set previously. Has anyone had a similar experience? Known bugs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Hmm I am not positive but never having a iMac myself I would not know much but it sounds like a virus or maybe someone hacked you.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,322member
    Any reason you might have hit, leaned on or just had something fall on the keyboard and press Command-Option-D?

iqatedo
  • Reply 3 of 4
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    mattinoz said:
    Any reason you might have hit, leaned on or just had something fall on the keyboard and press Command-Option-D?

Thank you. Every possibility even though I didn't notice it before leaving the computer, only when I returned. Very unlikely to have happened without my noticing but I cannot rule that out.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Also, for a few weeks, I have had some email coming up as read before I access it. It's almost all SPAM to a single email address that should have gone to Junk and would have done previously. No interesting mail comes up as read either.