Buy now or wait?

in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'd like some counsel on this purchase that I plan on making, but am still not totally sure.

the computer I'm looking at is here

item: <a href=""; target="_blank"></a>;

the monitor,

item: <a href=""; target="_blank"></a>;

total price estimated $2708

from apple that would cost around $3200 so there is pretty big savings. The computer is probably more than I'll be needing for a long time, it will definatly be my main computer for years to come. My dilemma, I've put off this purchase for so long already, that now when I am 100% ready to buy it, I am having doubts. What I am most concerned with is not having the best of the best, but more price. because when the new powermacs are released whenever, then the price of these models(especially refurb) will probably go down another couple hundred dollars, and then it would be a GREAT deal, but I don't know if I can wait that long. I'm sure I could, but everytime I want to do anything fun or processor intensive on my dinky iMac DVSE I am always wishing I had better hardware.

well...any input?

[ 12-08-2002: Message edited by: Wrong Robust ]</p>


  • Reply 1 of 5
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Wait. Big things are supposed to be in store for 2003, after waiting for so long, you may have noticed a couple of things. A.) You don't really NEED a new machine unless you're planning a new use completely beyond the capabilities of your old machine because (B.) if you managed to make such a long wait, then it must be that your old machine is perfectly adequate most (nearly all) of the time. Also, Apple just keeps falling further and further behind in the price performance stakes, and you should probably take a hard look at the PC aisle before you give Cupertino any money. Of course it all depends on which machine you're looking to get, which you haven't mentioned.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Buy now, then sell your computer on ebay three days before expo.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    go for it. unless you can wait until the end of 2003, when something faster might be released. buy now, i don't think you'll regret it.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    get it now. you can always sell it if you feel you want whatever's released.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member

    You said it will be more power than you'll need (or something like that) so why bother wating!
Sign In or Register to comment.