Apple updates YouTube Support channel with three HomePod how-to videos

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
Apple has posted a trio of "how to" videos for the HomePod, instructing users how to use Siri to play music, how the touch controls work, and how to adjust settings on the device.

The videos are all about a minute long, and are hosted on Apple's support channel on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    How cute!
  • Reply 2 of 7
    chasmchasm Posts: 3,275member
    Very well explained, though of course there could be more videos forthcoming for other things you can do, especially after (as I expect will happen) the first big update HomePod gets in few weeks or months.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    chasm said:
    Very well explained, though of course there could be more videos forthcoming for other things you can do, especially after (as I expect will happen) the first big update HomePod gets in few weeks or months.
    I agree. I wish Apple did more of this, especially with an OS/iOS major (or every!) update. Too many tweaks, often for the sake of tweaking, give me the 'WTF did they move that to...' pause. Or a new feature gets no mention whatsoever, and it's left to other sites and others, to discover and spread the word. Fun for easter eggs, for actual features, not so much.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    macgui said:
    chasm said:
    I agree. I wish Apple did more of this, especially with an OS/iOS major (or every!) update. Too many tweaks, often for the sake of tweaking, give me the 'WTF did they move that to...' pause. Or a new feature gets no mention whatsoever, and it's left to other sites and others, to discover and spread the word. Fun for easter eggs, for actual features, not so much.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYFQ33UIPERYx8-ZHucZbDA

This channel has a lot of what you are looking for. This is where these HomePod videos came from. I didn’t know this existed. Good info here. 
  • Reply 5 of 7
    A bit off topic. But the new YouTube app on Apple TV is nauseating! The animation is so laggy and abrupt.

It seems that they’ve intentionally replaced iOS’s smooth animation with Android’s unnatural animations.

It’s annoying enough that I’m now using it less often.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Seems interesting that they used the tap/double tap/triple tap paradigm despite a screen being available. (Why not just have proximity / touch to wake if they wanted to keep the top of the device looking uncluttered?)
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Seems interesting that they used the tap/double tap/triple tap paradigm despite a screen being available. (Why not just have proximity / touch to wake if they wanted to keep the top of the device looking uncluttered?)
    It doesn't have a "screen".  From the https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HomePod++Teardown/103133, you can see it's just a circular patter of 19 multi-color LEDs under a diffuser:

jony0