***CONFIRMED*** I HAVE an iPod!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Stop the rumours of me going for an archos beast of 20 GB for a very good price. I decided I couldn't live with it, so I'm going for a 10 GB iPod. It appears to be a first generation one. But what the heck, I'm getting it second-hand with proof of purchase for warranty dated to the day I buy it. Could anybody just tell me what the measurements are on the first generation iPods? (in centimeters, if possible, and the weight also, please).

[ 12-12-2002: Message edited by: der Kopf ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    iPod tech specs here: <a href="http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/ipod/specs.html</a>;

[quote]Size and weight (10GB model)

Height: 4.0 in

Width: 2.4 in

Depth: 0.72 in

Weight: 6.5 oz (185 g)<hr></blockquote>I trust you can do the conversions to cm.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Wasn't there a difference between 1st and 2nd generation iPods? (the 2nd generation being a bit smaller?)
  • Reply 3 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by der Kopf:

<strong>Wasn't there a difference between 1st and 2nd generation iPods? (the 2nd generation being a bit smaller?)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes the 2ng generation 10gig "solid state scroll wheel" version is a bit smaller since it doesn't have the moving parts. However, the 20 gig is about the same since the HD is bigger.

So in your case the 10 gig version you are getting is a little bigger than stated on Apple's web-site but not enough for you to notice.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by trailmaster308:

<strong>

So in your case the 10 gig version you are getting is a little bigger than stated on Apple's web-site but not enough for you to notice.</strong><hr></blockquote>

There's actually a noticable difference in size between the new 10 and 20 GB iPods.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    The backlight fades in and out on the new iPods. Previously it just came on and off.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

There's actually a noticable difference in size between the new 10 and 20 GB iPods.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thats nice, but wasn't talking about the "New" 10 & 20 gigs. Was talking about the "Old" 10 vs. the "New" 10. He said he was getting an old 10. I was comparing the new 20 to the old 10. Should have made it clearer.

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: trailmaster308 ]

[ 12-10-2002: Message edited by: trailmaster308 ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 10
    quickquick Posts: 227member
    Size doesn't matter.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    stevesteve Posts: 523member
    Are you going to get one with <a href="http://news.com.com/2100-1040-976827.html?tag=fd_top"; target="_blank">Madonna's signature</a> on it?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    So I have one. I drove three hours through Belgium at temperatures below the freezing point (of water, we call it 0° Celsius), on my MOTORCYCLE. I came home quite stiff. But, one iPod richer. My first impression, it's SO SMALL. WOW! (and small, for this device, is a good thing).
  • Reply 10 of 10
    [quote]Originally posted by der Kopf:

<strong>(and small, for this device, is a good thing).</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's not what the ladies say....