Question about video capture

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I've been trying to find a decent video capture device for under $200, and, in my search I came across "Instant DVD" by ADS Technologies.

Now, my question is whether or not this could work on MacOS X.2.3. I realize that there is a "Instant DVD for Mac," but its nearly 3X the price of the PC version so I can't afford it with my curent budget.

The only difference that I can find between the two is the software; the Mac version comes with "PixeDV Video Capture," "CaptDVD," and a DVD Studio Pro plug-in.

So if the hardware is the same, could some other application besides the ones listed above be able to use the PC version of the Instant DVD?

Thanks for any help you can give!

P.S.-If this is in the wrong forum, I'm sorry about that; I wasn't really sure.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    You migh think so, but no, PCI cards have ROM on them that is specific per platform (atleast in the mac/pc world) but a pc card would work with linux or windows on that pc, etc.

I'm kinda surprised you cant find anything around that $200 price point. You could just save up for a DV camcorder and then you'd save on the capture card, just use firewire.

valis