Digi may go Firewire!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
<a href="http://www.macmusic.org/news/viewnews.php?lang=EN&id=42"; target="_blank">Digi002 possibilities </a>

I think it's about time. Firewire is showing up everywhere. This should be announced at Digiworld which starts tomorrow I think.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    zerozero Posts: 39member
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong><a href="http://www.macmusic.org/news/viewnews.php?lang=EN&id=42"; target="_blank">Digi002 possibilities </a>

I think it's about time. Firewire is showing up everywhere. This should be announced at Digiworld which starts tomorrow I think.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think so too. Maybe even ProTools LE for OS X ? Or is it a combined Firewire 2 announcement ? Apple at MWNY and digidesign in Nashville ?

cheers

zero
  • Reply 2 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Digiworld is July 18 and NAMM is the 19th so Digi will be busy. I think going Firewire is going to be natural for them. They have to offer more features and functionality over the Mbox.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    g4dudeg4dude Posts: 1,016member
    I guess it makes sense to go Firewire since the Digi001 is PCI based and Apple hates the PCI slot.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by G4Dude:

<strong>I guess it makes sense to go Firewire since the Digi001 is PCI based and Apple hates the PCI slot.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I hate the PCI slot as well.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    e-liote-liot Posts: 9member
    [quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:

<strong>

I hate the PCI slot as well.</strong><hr></blockquote>

No question, kill the PCI ****.

Digi 002 (?) firewire and a G4 iBook

Very portable, VERY nice. Bl**dy hopeful!
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I think Digi 002 was supposed to be firewire all along. Its not really news.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by Decurion:

<strong>I think Digi 002 was supposed to be firewire all along. Its not really news.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes but look at the flash pick of the control surface. That's what is baking Digi fans noodles. Is it portable? Does it support TDM. Flying Faders? The hype is outta control on the Digi Boards.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    [quote] Yes but look at the flash pick of the control surface. That's what is baking Digi fans noodles. Is it portable? Does it support TDM. Flying Faders? The hype is outta control on the Digi Boards. <hr></blockquote>

Oh, I missed that one. Its pretty neat. It surely will have flying faders, thats why the faders are metal (in addition they look good that way), so they can sense when your fingers are on the fader and turn on the automation.